This may be a stupid ?,but where is Alaska?

People say Alaska when they want to be discreet about which boutique they shop in.
I can totally see where this can be confusing. Good luck and welcome to the orange side

That is too funny .. and all this time I was thinking .. "wow .. that Alaska store gets some great stuff!" :noggin:

Thanks for clarifying!

I happened to see the original thread where the Alaska reference got started or else I would have been confused, too.

Maybe it would help alleviate confusion if posters would put quote marks around the word .. "Alaska"... that way it would be clear that they aren't really referring to Alaska, but that it is just a "stand in" for the real location.

If anyone's stupid, it's gotta be me. I always took the Alaska reference literally :noggin:
Nope, I've been doing the EXACT same thing! I got the most confused the other day when two members posted things they got when they went shopping in Alaska together- I was thinking that was one heck of a TPF meetup!

Nope, I've been doing the EXACT same thing! I got the most confused the other day when two members posted things they got when they went shopping in Alaska together- I was thinking that was one heck of a TPF meetup!

Really! I always pictured the H ladies in boots and fur coats driving their dog sleds to the H store. With their birkins sitting daintily between them. And I was thinking, "Hmm, birkins can stand snow."

Dang, I feel like her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

^When gina_b said that the Alaska store "arranged for transport," I imagined the store arranging for a private jet out of the snow since that's what our Alaskan resort did when we left. LOL!

And, I always wondered what S'mom was doing carrying box in Alaska. I thought that if she could do it, maybe I could try it in Minnesota....

What more could a girl want - endless supply of H goodies and handsome men to (hopefully) dish them out? :drool::roflmfao:

OMG you all should have SEEN the new-to-us GORGEOUS male SA at South Alaska this week. Holy frijoles. This one was seriously the most beautiful man. Eh mah gah. A few of us probably made him a bit uncomfortable after a while, because it was hard not to stare!
And he's not gay, which was the hugest shockeroo (married, sadly, and just had a new baby). But wow. Seriously.

Oh and BTW I actually do know of one Hermes collector who literally lives in Alaska, the state. And if she's here, Hi Em!! I always wonder if she's here (I know her from eBay's community boards).

OMG you all should have SEEN the new-to-us GORGEOUS male SA at South Alaska this week. Holy frijoles. This one was seriously the most beautiful man. Eh mah gah. A few of us probably made him a bit uncomfortable after a while, because it was hard not to stare!
And he's not gay, which was the hugest shockeroo (married, sadly, and just had a new baby). But wow. Seriously.

Ohhh he just sounds dreamy!!!!! I want to meet him in South Alaska, if I am lucky enough! I love to browse the menu, I just never order :tup: