This may be a dumb question, but: how do you put on eyeshadow?

1. Just wondering....

Do you use a brush or one of those little pad-on-a-stick things that come with the eyeshadow? I'm still new to this makeup game, so I wanna do it right :smile:
  2. brush, i think i looks more natural.
  3. i use my fingers most of the time actually. sometimes a brush if i'm doing something complicated (conturing, lining, etc) i like that i can put on exactly as little or as much as i want and correct it immediately. brushes aren't that instant gratification in my hands...i have some issues. :smile:
  4. Thank you :smile: I'm starting to get better at this makeup stuff...the eyes are giving me a hard time though. I have the eyelash curling and mascara down eyelashes look great! Foundation and blush is good too...

Now I just need to figure out how to do eyeshadow and maybe eyeliner...:s lol
  5. I use an eye shadow primer first. I like Neutrogena brand. I put it on with a little eye shadow brush. Then I put powder eye shadow over it. Again, I use a brush.
  6. I use brushes and I have tons of them in different shapes and sizes, but the ones that I use the most for eyes look like this:

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

I use a flat brush to apply a dark color against the lashline on the top and bottom, then I use a smaller rounded brush to apply a medium or dark color in the crease, then I use a bigger shadow brush with a lighter color to blend a light shadow from crease to brow.
  7. fingers too
  8. I also use those white makeup sponge wedge things to help blend and apply. You can find in a lot of different shapes and sizes, and I've noticed that sometimes they can really help with blending shadows together.
  9. Interesting thread!:tup:

I've never worn eyeshadow and have been thinking about maybe trying some.

Thx for the tips ladies!:yes:
  10. Lol just my fingers... well my fourth finger to be exact. It seems the right size.
  11. I don't wear eyeshadow either. It looks great on everyone else, but I'm scared I'll make myself look like a clown.
  12. I use a brush.. then I usually rub it a little with my fingers mainly to get some of the extra off :tup:
  13. I think I'm losing my mind, but I swear someone just posted this somewhere in this part of the forum:

I've been watching all of the videos-I think I'm going to have my sister attempt to try some of these looks on me!
  14. MAC brushes are the best. :tup: I use the 223 blending brush, 212 for gel/powder eyeliner, 222 tapered, 275 angled brush, and various other brands for eyeshadow brands. (I have a few Shiseido, Lancome and Estee Lauder brushes too.)
  15. lol, i just rub it on with my index figure. yes, even the darker colors. i just rise my eyebrows really high so i have more surface area and then just rub. i do a light highlighting color all over the lid, then dab at the corner with a darker color and blend by lightly rubbing towards the middle of the lid. :smile: hth! it literally takes me 5 minutes to do my entire face.