This just in "Arrest in JonBenet Ramsey case"

1. Mother of slain JonBenet Ramsey dies
    ATLANTA - Patsy Ramsey, whose 6-year-old daughter JonBenet's 1996 slaying has never been solved, died Saturday of cancer, her lawyer said. She was 49.

[​IMG]Ramsey had been battling ovarian cancer since 1993 and suffered a recurrence several years ago, attorney L. Lin Wood said. Her husband, John, was with her at the time of her death.
    JonBenet, who competed in beauty pageants, was found beaten and strangled in her parents' Boulder, Colo. basement on Dec. 26, 1996. A grand jury investigation ended with no indictments, and no arrests have been made.
    The Ramseys said an intruder killed their daughter but a cloud of suspicion hung over the couple. The district attorney and a federal judge in Colorado have said it is likelier that an intruder was responsible.
    JonBenet's death became fodder for tabloids and the subject of books.
    "I think people realize now that this family was very much victims of that murder and have suffered greatly because of it in terms of the false accusations made against them," Wood told CNN Saturday.
    Patsy Ramsey said she found a ransom note on the back staircase of the family's home demanding $118,000 for the safe return of JonBenet. John Ramsey said he found his daughter's body in a basement room eight hours later.

2. Just sad. What a sad tragic ending to a sad, tragic family. What pain they all have had- no matter who's really guilty.
  3. That is really sad...all I can do is take a deep breath and wish the family all the best.
  4. How sad. I wonder now if the truth behind what really happened will ever come out. I never thought she killed JonBenet. I always thought it was John who killed her. Poor Patsy. Ten years after JonBenet passes away Patsy can now be reunited with her.
  5. I hope she rests in peace. I never felt they were guilty. There was sloppy police work in that case from the beginning and DNA evidence they found was never identified. Maybe years from now someone will be arrested for something else and they will link that DNA to them. People who work in law enforcement are superstitious about these things and believe most crimes get solved... eventually.
  6. I agree guys just plain sad, I read that she had been cancer-free for 9 years, sigh.
  7. Well at least she can be with her daughter now.

8. Very Sad
  9. How very sad.
  10. I heard about her death this morning. It is sad that her daughter's murder wasn't solved before she died, and it will probably never be solved :sad:
  11. That is so sad.
  12. It is tragic for a person to die at 49 - I liked her, I liked both parents and never for one moment thought they had anything to do with the unspeakable death of their lovely little daughter.
  13. wow. i can't believe it's been 10 years. that girl would have been 16, and i bet she would have been the most beautiful model of today.
  14. Thats sad ,atleast she is with Jonbenet again. JonBenet was beautiful, why havnt they found the person who killed her yet?.
  15. Truly a strange and sad story for the whole Ramsey family.