This Is Us

Did Randall's biological father die? I saw a scene with him holding his William's hat in one of the kid's rooms and crying. I think it would have been more heartbreaking to actually show them bonding more and a more personal death scene.

I think Kevin is the weak link in the cast. Feel he is self-centered and says stupid things. Even the life/death monologue at the end would not have comforted me if I was a child. I have no sympathy for him yet.

I guess the heartbreaking scene was supposed to be us knowing Jack died? Again I have to see an actual death scene to be teary eyed. I am sure eventually they will disclose what happened and we will see something of that nature. I am very curious to know what happened

Also did not get the part why Randall's wife had to ruin the whole hotel excursion with the pregnancy scare. Seriously she could not have just enjoyed the time and done this another day? She seemed so excited to go

I do love this show though and feel with the format of flashbacks and present day has no much potential for storylines

Did Randall's biological father die? I saw a scene with him holding his William's hat in one of the kid's rooms and crying. I think it would have been more heartbreaking to actually show them bonding more and a more personal death scene.

I think Kevin is the weak link in the cast. Feel he is self-centered and says stupid things. Even the life/death monologue at the end would not have comforted me if I was a child. I have no sympathy for him yet.

I guess the heartbreaking scene was supposed to be us knowing Jack died? Again I have to see an actual death scene to be teary eyed. I am sure eventually they will disclose what happened and we will see something of that nature. I am very curious to know what happened

Also did not get the part why Randall's wife had to ruin the whole hotel excursion with the pregnancy scare. Seriously she could not have just enjoyed the time and done this another day? She seemed so excited to go

I do love this show though and feel with the format of flashbacks and present day has no much potential for storylines

I think the show shows the past, present and future (his father passing and packing up his things), or they were just trying to show different scenes of death.

Reactions: melissatrv

I think Randall was anticipating his father's death....or maybe they were going into the future for that scene
I could understand Randall's wife ruining the hotel excursion. She was feeling physically sick and was obsessed with worry about being pregnant - not a recipe for romance.

Reactions: Gblb
I think that the Scene with Randall holding Williams things was a flash into the future since he is inevitably going to die soon.
The scene with Kate holding her fathers ashes saying she watches football with her dad really was a tearjerker for me. I assumed he was dead and would prefer that to him and Rebecca getting a divorce to explain Miguel but still sad.

On a side note, the cousin of one of my good friend is the one making the soundtrack of the show! I think he's doing a phenomenal job picking out great tunes for each episode.

Reactions: Tiny_T and lulilu
So, basically Randall has lost two of his dads. Connecting with his biological father at the end of his life, having lost the father who raised him, I can see why this is emotional for him.

Reactions: Tiny_T
I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I noticed something else tonight. I've been rewatching Stranger Things and realized Benny, who feeds 11 early on in his restaurant and then gets shot, is played by the same guy who plays Toby, Kate's boyfriend in this show. Pretty surprising because he had a very different look in Stranger Things. He was still large and heavy set but in a muscular strong man, thick necked hunky way. More evenly distributed heaviness over a layer of muscle. In This Is Us, he's narrower in the face and neck with no noticeable chest muscles, and much more pronounced in the gut. They've frumpified him a bit for this show.

I didn't find the last episode especially heartbreaking. I guess learning that Milos' character died is supposed to be heartbreaking. I found the preview of Randall holding his dad's hat while packing things in a box sadder. So close to having his real dad in his life in a meaningful (long) way.

I didn't find the last episode especially heartbreaking. I guess learning that Milos' character died is supposed to be heartbreaking. I found the preview of Randall holding his dad's hat while packing things in a box sadder. So close to having his real dad in his life in a meaningful (long) way.
I think we all kind of knew Jack died. we still don't know when or at what age. When we see that it may be heartbreaking. I've had moments in the show where I kind of almost teared up - no actual crying so far.

I really wanted to love this show because I miss parenthood and I had high hopes (maybe too high). But I never found it sad, never had to cry, never made me laugh..... I think I will watch a few more episodes and see if the show gets better for me.

Reactions: dorcast
I really wanted to love this show because I miss parenthood and I had high hopes (maybe too high). But I never found it sad, never had to cry, never made me laugh..... I think I will watch a few more episodes and see if the show gets better for me.
I don't think it's as good as Parenthood (at least not yet) and not as good as Six Feet Under. But I do like it.