This Is Us

I find it interesting, and maybe true to life, that as kids, the parents gave Kevin the least attention because he "had the most" going for him... And as adults he's the most insecure. Of course all three siblings have their own insecurities but it's been beautifully portrayed how little things like that dealt manifest as one gets older.

Reactions: CuTe_ClAsSy
I find it interesting, and maybe true to life, that as kids, the parents gave Kevin the least attention because he "had the most" going for him... And as adults he's the most insecure. Of course all three siblings have their own insecurities but it's been beautifully portrayed how little things like that dealt manifest as one gets older.

This happened in my family with my 3 youngest siblings. (I am several years older.) The youngest was ignored because my mother gave all her attention to the other two, one of whom was quite sickly and the other had Down Syndrome. The youngest was so smart, did so well in school, but got no positive attention. To this day, she resents it.

It's funny, I grew up the second oldest in a family of seven kids. One of them is always complaining that they weren't treated the same, got less attention etc. Life is hard and you play the hand your dealt with...no reason to blame others! If you want something you go after it as these three do in the show!

It's funny, I grew up the second oldest in a family of seven kids. One of them is always complaining that they weren't treated the same, got less attention etc. Life is hard and you play the hand your dealt with...no reason to blame others! If you want something you go after it as these three do in the show!

This is true (I was oldest of 5) but it doesn't make it hurt less to have a mother who clearly favored another child.