This is my 'Forever' dress...and I have no regrets.

clevercat

catwoman
Sep 29, 2008
Back in 2011/2012 I was working in a job I hated and as a result, I was eating too much. Way too much.
It took me almost two years - of healthy eating, gentle exercise and a change of job - to get my body back. I'm still a few pounds off where I'd like to be, but I'm not worrying about that, I'll get there.
I used to walk through Selfridges and Harrods on a regular basis, was always drawn to the beautiful cut and colours of Roland Mouret dresses, and at the back of my mind was the thought that well, I'd love to one day be able to squish myself into one of those and have it look good :blush:
I am not really a designer clothes person. I don't mind dropping money on Chanel and Balenciaga bags, but I usually shop at Jigsaw and Whistles for clothes. More medium-end than high-end :biggrin:
Last weekend, a friend and I went shopping. I picked up a couple of little things at Chanel, my friend was shopping up a storm at Mouret. As I sat and waited for her, I saw The Dress. Thought that it'd never fit me. Somehow, propelled by my friend and a lovely SA, found myself and The Dress in the dressing room. Put the dress on. It fit. Suddenly I had an hourglass figure and the little bit of a stomach I still have, it looked sexy rather than chunky lol. Opened the dressing room door - chorus of approval. Long story short, it came home with me. I have never spent that much on a dress before. Days later, I have no regrets.
This is it -
image.jpeg

Isn't it beautiful?
Now I just need to find 1001 ways to style it :heart:

The dress is very pretty, and I am sure you look lovely in it! I know what you mean with stress eating, been there, done that.
Would you mind posting a mod shot? I love dresses, and DvF is right: Feel like a woman, wear a dress!

Oh my goodness that's an amazing color! You must look fantastic!

Great job losing the weight! (Any tips to share?)

And your post made me miss shopping in London all over again!

Great GREAT dress. Form and color. I don't think you need to do much styling. It's a strong silhouette. Dressing it up will be easy but making it casual ( so you can wear it tons) might be more challenging. Right now sneekers are very popular with dressy clothes to give attitude. I think you made an excellent decision to get this dress. !

Beautiful! It should be very easy to wear and hardly needs 'styling'! :heart:You wear it with a denim jacket and is casual, under a brocade coat - and ready for the ball. Enjoy!

LOVE it!!! You must look FAN-TAS-TIC!!! that dress has such a nice cut to it. the color is HOT too! Personally I really love dresses with that length cut (straight but with that ever so slight flair just so gradually at the end). it's a great dress and I'm sure you feel a million $ in it!

Fabulous in every way, I totally think it's a forever dress.

Just a few ideas to perhaps contribute to your 1001:
Colour block with a large blue bead necklace and a simple green bangle
Go clean modern with strong silver pieces
High black booties and black fishnets for strictly sexy
High pumps and black fishnets for super sexy
Biker jacket over the shoulders for rebel chic
Hermes scarf Hollywood style and sunnies for classic chic
Hermes gavroche tied to the side and cardigan (the second button done-up only) for gamine chic
Belted with an obi for exotic chic
Worn with white shirt and purple tie under for androgynous chic
Worn with a cape for dramatic chic
+1
Worn with a black or white polo neck sweater under for fashionable chic

Can't wait to see some of these ideas implemented...
Fabulous in every way, I totally think it's a forever dress.

Just a few ideas to perhaps contribute to your 1001:
Colour block with a large blue bead necklace and a simple green bangle
Go clean modern with strong silver pieces
High black booties and black fishnets for strictly sexy
High pumps and black fishnets for super sexy
Biker jacket over the shoulders for rebel chic
Hermes scarf Hollywood style and sunnies for classic chic
Hermes gavroche tied to the side and cardigan (the second button done-up only) for gamine chic
Belted with an obi for exotic chic
Worn with white shirt and purple tie under for androgynous chic
Worn with a cape for dramatic chic
+1
Worn with a black or white polo neck sweater under for fashionable chic

Reactions: papertiger
Back in 2011/2012 I was working in a job I hated and as a result, I was eating too much. Way too much.
It took me almost two years - of healthy eating, gentle exercise and a change of job - to get my body back. I'm still a few pounds off where I'd like to be, but I'm not worrying about that, I'll get there.
I used to walk through Selfridges and Harrods on a regular basis, was always drawn to the beautiful cut and colours of Roland Mouret dresses, and at the back of my mind was the thought that well, I'd love to one day be able to squish myself into one of those and have it look good :blush:
I am not really a designer clothes person. I don't mind dropping money on Chanel and Balenciaga bags, but I usually shop at Jigsaw and Whistles for clothes. More medium-end than high-end :biggrin:
Last weekend, a friend and I went shopping. I picked up a couple of little things at Chanel, my friend was shopping up a storm at Mouret. As I sat and waited for her, I saw The Dress. Thought that it'd never fit me. Somehow, propelled by my friend and a lovely SA, found myself and The Dress in the dressing room. Put the dress on. It fit. Suddenly I had an hourglass figure and the little bit of a stomach I still have, it looked sexy rather than chunky lol. Opened the dressing room door - chorus of approval. Long story short, it came home with me. I have never spent that much on a dress before. Days later, I have no regrets.
This is it -
View attachment 3443054

Isn't it beautiful?
Now I just need to find 1001 ways to style it :heart:
such a beautiful dress!

Please share a mod pic, I need an inspiration...

Reactions: papertiger