This is gonna sound funny... but I GOTTA ASK!...

My friend has a cute way of pronouncing it. She does it with her French-Taiwanese-English accent, so it comes out "Bahlencee-gah". It's hard to explain, but she makes the "aga" soft, whereas most people the "aga" hard (hard like how you pronounce the stove company AGA).

Bella Luna said:
My spanish teacher said a "C" in Spanish is either pronouced "TH" or "Z" depending on the location where you're from, so both are correct. You can pronounce it BA-LEN-THEE-A-GA or BA-LEN-SEE-A-GA. Apparently the latinos would say more of the latter and spaniards of the former...
:shame:

YES! thats wut my Spanish teacher said as well...pp from Spain will pronunce "TH"..it almost sounds like a lisp..hehe..:flowers:

seahorseinstripes said:
i pronounced it ba-len-sea-a-ga
I pronounce it the same as seahorse- Ba-len-sea-a-ga with the accent on the "len"

Miss alice is completely right though. My friend Alicia is from Madrid and her name is pronounced "Ah-Li-thia". She always corrects me when I say Ba-len-sea-a-ga and tells me it should be Ba-len-thi-a-ga. I still pronounce it my way because when I asked "when the A/W 06 Ba-len-thi-a-ga bags were coming in " at Harvey Nicks, all I got in reply was "Eh?? Do you mean Ba-len-sea-a-ga.... snigger....snigger"- implying that the SA thought I was a complete and utter thicko"

phooey said:
I pronounce it the same as seahorse- Ba-len-sea-a-ga with the accent on the "len"

Miss alice is completely right though. My friend Alicia is from Madrid and her name is pronounced "Ah-Li-thia". She always corrects me when I say Ba-len-sea-a-ga and tells me it should be Ba-len-thi-a-ga. I still pronounce it my way because when I asked "when the A/W 06 Ba-len-thi-a-ga bags were coming in " at Harvey Nicks, all I got in reply was "Eh?? Do you mean Ba-len-sea-a-ga.... snigger....snigger"- implying that the SA thought I was a complete and utter thicko"

yah... reason why i made this thread because same thing happened... they were like.. "HUH" u mean...blah blahblah./.. haha