This is embarrassing...

1. :s but I have to ask, how do you pronounce Balenciaga? I've been saying it in my head like this:

bah-len-see-AH-ga

Is that right?

2. yep!

3. :yes: :yes:

4. Thanks so much :flowers: I'm glad I had it right, it's hard to "train" myself to say something correctly if I've had it in my head the wrong way for a while. :p

5. You got it, Baby!

It just rolls off the tongue...Bal-en-see-AHHHHHHH-ga, Bal-en-see-AHHHHHHH-ga!!!!!!!

LOL

BTW, my friends are SO SICK of me talking about Bal-en-see-AHHHHHH-ga!

6. ^^^:lol:

hi there!

7. My aunt just got a black City and she has been getting me to train her to pronounce Ba-len-cee-ahh-gaa too! Otherwise, she keeps saying she got the "B" bag and everyone will give her a blank stare. :roflmfao:

8. :roflmfao: :upsidedown: :roflmfao: :upsidedown: :roflmfao:

9. Oh, good question! I always pronounced it as
    Ba-len-chia-ga
    The "C" like in "Ciao" .....:shame:

10. so have i actually! like "ciabatta", and I thought "ci" in italian is pronouced "chi"... hmm

11. Thought it was a Spanish name, and it's pronounced with a C instead of CH?

12. Balenciaga is not an Italian name. It's a Spanish name, in which case it may have originally been pronounced "Bah-len-thi (as in THEory)-AH-gah":smile: .

13. yep Deco you are right. Balenciaga was spanish (so do I) and his name was Cristobal.
    As you said that is the way that I pronunce the name althought nobody can't understand me in the shops and it's very annoying :cursing:

14. I have had sales assistants correct me when I say Bah-len-thi-ah-ga! :cursing:

15. opps. we learn something new everyday! :yes: