This is a New Way to Avoid Paying for an Auction!

Thanks for the head's up to add to my list of "all that can go wrong when you sell on eBay".

If I were rich and talented, I'd start a new auction venue on the internet...one just for handbags, lol!
And I wouldn't have such lame rules!!

Gosh, it seems like ebay only cater to buyers these days. At least ebay refund you the fees.

Yes, it does, doesn't it?

The whole listing went POOF! So I couldn't even make a second chance offer to my next lower bidder. I'm going to try a regular auction one more time, and if there are any more problems I'm just going to do BIN with best offer from now on. ;)

OMG, Carol! You and I are having the same luck. I don't know what the deal is with feebay lately. It just seems like ALL the deadbeats have figured out how to make accounts. How frustrating.

I'm not sure if you restart your computer a lot but when I had an auction ended for using spamming words (accidentally) I realized that I hadn't turned off my computer since I had listed the auction.. I used my "back" arrow and eventually found my listing! I just copied and pasted everything into the new listing. I got lucky.. If I were you I would start your new listing with an apology/ detailed explaination, maybe even cut & paste the actual message from ebay so they know that the cancellation has nothing to do with you. Let the watchers/ bidders know that this has been just as frusterating for you as you know it was for them. As long as you take the time to explain what happened, however long it makes your listing, people will understand and hopefully trust you. Good luck & get zen about the whole thing- there's nothing more you can do.

This is how I explained the relist in my current auction:

This is a relist due to a fraudulent bidder ruining the first auction. For those of you who bid on this auction the first time, thank you for your interest and I apologize for the relist.

I had written it differently, but decided no need to give out more information than anyone cares to know. Just saying it was a fraudulent buyer most people understand (knowing Ebay!)

I was lucky, because it was something I was selling that was out of the ordinary for me, so I had saved the auction as a template (you can save up to 10 as templates) and I was able to go back and find it to relist.