This is a New Way to Avoid Paying for an Auction!

1. ... Or maybe it's not, but it's the first time it's happened to me on eBay!

After 7 days of bidding, 15 bids, 28 watchers a $516 winning bid, eBay canceled/deleted an auction of mine, 3 hours after it had ended. The reason? A bidder (I assume the high bidder) told eBay his account had been hijacked at the time of his bids, thereby voiding my auction and getting him out of paying!! :sad:

Whether it's true or not, my auction got deleted and I have to relist from scratch!! But they did credit all of my fees. When I first got this email, I thought it was a spoof!

Dear caannie,

The results of the following listing(s) have been cancelled due to bidding activity that took place without the account owner's authorization:

[ended listing number]

We have cancelled the listing(s) to maintain the integrity of the eBay site, your account, and the bidder's account that was accessed. We are working to restore the bidding account to its rightful owner, and we are working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity. Since the account owner did not initiate these bids, all fees resulting from the listings in question will be credited to your account within 7 days. If you do not see the credits posted to your account after 7 days, please feel free to contact us through Contact Us in our Help section.

Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to automatically relist these items for you. Instead, to relist these items you will need to start from the beginning of the listing process, either through the "Sell Your Item" process or through your third party listing service. We know that this is an inconvenience and we apologize for the negative impact it may cause you. We are working on tools to allow you to relist your items without starting from the beginning, but they are not available at this time.

Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received. If there are issues that have not been addressed by this message, you can contact us by clicking the "Help" link located at the top of most eBay pages and selecting "Contact Us" from the menu on the left hand side of the page.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

2. I sincerely hope that someone would not stoop so low!
    Gosh, I'm so sorry this happened to you, what a pain and you don't even have the 2nd highest bidder to offer a 2nd chance.

Sometimes this selling on eBay can really become a pain.
    Hope your bag sells for more money this time around!
    Cheers,

3. That is a shame, I am sure that you must be frustrated. Maybe it will end with an even higher bid the second time around.

4. Sorry this happened to you...

Ebay can be so frustrating, and something like this is so unfair on the seller's end..

Don't get disheartened, good thing will bound to happen after this!

5. Try googling up your listing. Either by item # or better yet by the key words on the title. If the Google link has a cache link click on that - this should take you to the listing as it appeared before the last update. Try that trick before writing everything from scratch.

6. I've had that happen before, but Ebay canceled only the bids made by the person who had the hijacked account. I can't believe they canceled your whole listing! Ebay is so retarded.

7. omg...so sorry abt it..:heart: ebay soetimes is frustrating...:tdown:

8. That has happened to me. However, then when you relist there is a chance that someone will think there was something wrong with the first auction on your end.

9. Exact same thing happened to a friend of mine who recently sold a Balenciaga, such a crock!

10. Thanks for the replies... I wonder if Ebay sent an email to all of my bidders telling them the auction was ended due to "fraudulent activity?" Good luck to me, trying to resell after that!!

11. Argh.. that is so frustrating ! Sorry to hear that this happened !

12. This happened to me last week with a camera I was selling... The annoying thing about this is that the entire auction gets completely deleted so that you can't even sell it to the next highest bidder!

13. I get en email sent to me with my listing when I put something on Ebay. I had something pulled - before I knew about the no-no of using Like New in the title. Anyway... I just copied and pasted it. :yes:

14. Something like this happened to me, I was accused of shill bidding, auction removed and fees charged regardless. Funny that, there was only 1 bidder how could it be me?? Crazy.

15. when that happens is there an option for second chance offer to the 2nd highest biddeR? or ?