This drives me crazy! Anyone else?

I havn't seen any of the bags sell either, but I am sure within time, they may come down a tad and will still sell over retail, like I see the miroir keepalls for over $3k when they were $2700 retail...

I think its business for a lot of people and others view it as greed but we don't know what they do with that $, they may be paying off student loans or bills for all we know, not just blowing it!

again, I am all for this lol

also right now since these were JUST released, of course there is a HUGE mark up, but everything has a mark up that we buy, cars, clothes, everything, the company's have to make a profit to continue to offer their products, just like these ebay sellers have to do this to continue their business, I personally wouldn't sell any NEW HOT item for @ retail or under to just break even, I would want a profit, otherwise its a waste of time...

On ebay this week I have seen a mono stephen seller is asking $5000 OBO, and a leopard stephen seller is asking $5999 OBO. I totally agree that there is nothing wrong with making a profit but I do feel it comes to a point where it starts to get greedy. I could go around putting my name down at few different stores, then selling for a lot more. But I would never do that as I would not feel right about it. I think people should start auctions at 10% above what they paid to cover fees, then however high it goes it goes.

OMG check this auction out: seller is asking 10K for a leopard stephen. I don't think anyone will bid. But come on everyone has to agree this one is pure greed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Louis-Vuitton-B...4QQihZ008QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'll agree with you there....I guess there comes a point when it is just ridiculous. I can see paying double for a super hot bag...but something like Stephen? That was just on Elux 2 weeks ago? Nah!

Just like there is a Sophie on ebay for $955 right now...absurd price...but someone will pay it eventually.

I guess if someone is content to pay 2-3x retail for their item that they want really really really badly...then who are we to call the seller greedy, etc. They are providing a service...and they wouldn't keep charging these insane prices if someone wasn't paying them.

I guess I could probably do it for super limited stuff, like Miroir, but what gets me are the ones who lie and say 'VIP, Sold out' when it isn't. Deceiving isn't a good thing.

just a thought but has anytone ever tried offering a seller a lower price maybe more than retail but not the asking price. Each purchase is a risk for them so their is always a chance they'll take it, it never hurts to ask

If they buy the bag, keep it for awhile and decide they don't like it, aren't using it etc and want to sell it then I think that is perfectly ok.
I do have a problem where in this country in particular, we might get one or two of the limited item in the whole store, there are lots of people on the list who love the bag and want it yet miss out all the time so the same greedy seller/s can get one in EACH colour to sell for double on Ebay.:cursing:
For this reason I would personally never buy a LE at greatly inflated prices no matter how much I wanted it.

I think that's the real world, when hot item release there will be people resell it, either for business or personal greed. I think the store wasn't fair because 1 person can get 2 lockits and some people really want it for collection but couldn't get from store. I didn't mean all people bought 2 lockits are wrong but it's just seems greedy for people who can't get it. As I've said before that's the real world.

I think it also depends on whether you are dealing with a SA who has a say on whether you'll get a bag.

Also, to me, being about 'business' doesn't mean it's not greedy.

Precisely. So even if the eBay sellers do not get the LE bags, the ones dealing with an SA who has no say will not get a bag anyway as priority would still be given to someone else. I'm just saying if ever I can't get an LE bag, I wouldn't exactly be blaming these ebay sellers and branding them greedy as for some of them, the business is their livelihood. Just trying to see things from both points of view.:yes:

thats what sucked about the speedies when they came out. I wanted a silver one, and wasnt high enough up on the waiting list to get one, then i turn to ebay and theyre all 2x the price, and continue to get higher. it sucks.

A whole bunch of lockit auctions just ended and the only one that sold was for $1725! I think people that bought these just to sell them and make money are SOL! The good news is that if people didnt get them in the store they can maybe get a reasonable price now on ebay!