This could be heaven [pics]

1. As ya'll know, I spent the last 7 days in the Swiss alps skiing. I did not have to the chance to go for the past 8 years, although I had started skiing at the young age of 5 and my parents had dragged me every year since then... but swimming then put a really big restraint on my "extracurricular" activities, and the skiing had to be put on ice... so to speak.

The trip was fantastic, seeing the same old and familiar places again was so weird, it seemed almost like a constant deja vu when skiing down those slopes I had been on so many times before. The weather was great, we had TONS of snow and I took TONS of pictures, the best of which I would like to share with you all... enjoy the show!

A view from the balcony of my apartment:

[​IMG]

Another view from the balcony, the Dente Blanche and the Matterhorn (Cervin) behind it.

[​IMG]

One of my favorite mountains which is shaped like a bat...

[​IMG]

The Etherolla, with 2450m the highest mountain in the local ski region:

[​IMG]

A lift going up the long side of the Etherolla...

[​IMG]

A long transit path from top of the Etherolla to the next valley, which we usually go to just because there is taller mountains to ski on and the quality of the snow is much better, too...

[​IMG]

Many more to follow!!!

2. omg. so georgeous. thank you so much for sharing. now i want to go! :smile: too bad snow is so cold and i don't ski a lick.... :smile:

3. And you came back?!?!?!?!
    :lol:

4. That's beautiful! I've always wanted to go to the alpes, but I've never gotten the chance.. Now I reeeeeeeally wanna go :smile:

5. :lol: Really...... I wouldn't have wanted to!

Great pictures, Vlad. Looks like a beautiful place :biggrin:

6. Whoa! :nuts: I love to snowboard and THIS place is heaven!! :love: Look at the fresh fluffy snow there... :cry:

7. WOW! I am so ready for a vacation now! Thanks for the great pics!!

8. To give an idea how much snow there was on the second day... and on Wednesday, it snowed another 2 feet...

[​IMG]

The Greppon Blanc, with 2900-some meters one of the higher mountains... superb snow all the time, fluffy powder and sunshine, I loved it.

[​IMG]

A look further towards the next valley, Siviez. That place was in the direction towards the Mont Fort, a local glacier with over 3300m... over 10,800ft... :amuse:

[​IMG]

On the third day, I made my way to the Mont Fort itself... that monstrous machinery there is an actual 80-ppl cabin that goes up the 3 inch steel ropes and covers an altitude difference of about 600m.

[​IMG]

A stop in 2900m, ready to board the second cabin to the top!

[​IMG]

There it is, the Mont Fort... 3300m of glacier, scary and intimidating, but beautiful at the same time...

[​IMG]

That made me laugh... only for advanced skiers? C'mon now... piece of cake! :cool:

[​IMG]

9. awesome pics, reminds me of lake tahoe.

10. Beautiful pics!!! I hope you had a wonderful vacation!!!!

11. All I can say is WOW - and, my jaw is dropped. Gorgeous!!!!

12. Beautiful! You take good pic's!

13. A view from the top of MF back down to the two stations where the cabins stop. I got a *little* dizzy up there, realizing how up high I actually was.

[​IMG]

3314m = 10,872.7 ft. Yeah, high.

[​IMG]

Now a view shots from the top of the glacier. Really hard to put it in words, you do feel like you are closer to heaven than anywhere else... and everything in your life, including you, just seems so insignificant when you stand up there and look over the mountain tops.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Incredible! They must have had to pry your fingers off the ski lift when you had to leave! It reminds me of Avoriaz in the French Alps. We honeymooned there. Husband broke his collarbone on the 3rd day.
    Where are the photos of you tearing up the run?

15. Patience you must have, young Jedi! :lol:

Werkin on it!