Thinking of getting Hudson Triple-Strap Satchel, Smoke-Blue..opinions?

1. Hi everyone!

I am thinking of getting the hayden harnett Hudson Triple Satchel in Blue smoke, has anybody owned this bag and what do you think of it? IS it comfortable on the body?
    Love to hear owner's opinion!!!

thanks a bunch!
  2. I had the hobo for awhile in Smoke Blue. The color is gorgeous. Sorry can't help as I've never had the Triple satchel.
  3. I have it in cocoa and love it! I've been wearing it almost every day for the last month. Perfect size and v. comfortable. Great as a handbag or shoulder bag. Definitely get it! I have my eye on the new vachetta one.
  4. I have it in black, and it's definitely a practical and attractive bag. I've found HH bags to be exceptionally well designed and well made.
  5. I have it in SmokeBlue and it'sa wonderful bag! I love the way it's structured yet slouchy. Comfortable onthe shoulder, but the handles work well too. You really can't go wrong with this one! :yes:
  6. I don't have this bag, but I love it!
  7. I like the shape, but can't say the same for the color :s
  8. I've been eyeing this myself! Love the shape and color. Def go for it! And post pics if you do get it =)
  9. I won this bag this week

and I just got the bag today. It really is a beautiful bag. I just have two questions about this bag in particular (or any Hudson bag). (1) Does anyone know whether or not HH has changed the linings that they use in the Triple Strap (or Hudson series)? In previous pix that I have seen (including ones posted on TPF), the lining was a lighter, cream color w/the HH sig print. The bag that I recd is lined with a darker color fabric, almost matching the color of the bag, w/the HH signature print, and (2) is the leather used on the Hudson series, diff than the leather used on some other HH items? I got an Ursula coin purse from the Sample Sale a few weeks ago (the Nico XX I ordered disappeared from my cart when my order processed!), and the leather on that is very soft, and has an almost "raw" feel to it (reminiscent of a Bulga and/or Gustto), but the leather on the Triple Strap has a glossier, finished appearance to it.

It's definitely soft, and I imagine it will get even softer w/age & use, but it's got a diff feel than I was expecting, and I just want to make sure this is correct.

I haven't heard much as far as fake HH bags, so I wasn't too concerned about this when I originally won it, but now that I'm seeing a diff lining & the leather's a little bit different, well, maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I just wanted to double check.

(Oh yea - did anyone else find that the leather on the HH Hudson bags has an "odd", chemical-like smell to it? Im guessing it's from the combination of leather & dye, but I just wondered if anyone else thought this?
  10. Iluvmybags, I also responded to your other thread, but regarding the "feel" of the leather, my vachetta one has the same kind of leather, definitely different from Bulga/ Gussto. I don't think yours is a fake.
  11. So I got my Hudson Satchel in Smoke Blue, 30% from the purse store...
    I LOVE IT!!!!! :yahoo:But I took out the longer was kinda of awkward and Yes, the lining has the HH logo and the color is similar to the leather.
    I love the color, the shape and most importantly the leather...

I am terrified now that an addiction is starting here...:sweatdrop:
    I will post pics once I find my my father's insistent, I am exposing my 7 yr old daughter to the world of photography. I don't know where she kept our old digital camera..:smile:
  12. :yahoo:Yes yes yes! Welcome to the club! I have three Inkas, a carryall, a clutch wallet, and have a poppy Mercer satchel coming to me ... I am SO over Coach now... :yes:
  13. I can't agree with you more! I used to live 10 minutes from a Coach outlet...imagine my husband's horror...but since I found HH...Coach means nothing to me any more!
  14. Can anyone describe what the vachetta color is like IRL? It looks really pale in some pictures, and darker in others. Does it get dirty easily? I'm eyeing it, but can't decide.
  15. i think this bag is on sale on the Anthropologie site. and there's a 30% off code on the Deals & Steals forum for purchases through the HH site. just FYI.