Thinking about getting my 1st Prada..need advice!

1. Hey guys,

I've been lurking around for a bit and decided to finally post in this room. Normally I'm in Chanel but........I went to my Saks today just to browse and I found a prada bag that was TDF! I do not have any Prada bags atm mind you and wonder how the quality is. :confused1:

The bag I fell for was a dark brown treated leather with a chain strap with dark brown leather intertwined through the chain strap and it's new for fall. I felt if I take the plunge and drop $1500, I want to make sure it's not going to fall apart on me. The SA said she sees more Chanels coming in for repairs and she has yet to see a Prada come in for a repair.

Is this true? It's between this lovely bag or a smaller black Miu Miu bag I have my eye on as well but I think I like the Prada a teeeeeensy bit more. Thx a million and sorry for such a long post! :sweatdrop:

2. Hi Alouette! I saw that Prada bag you described with the chain and leather! It's beautiful! I remember it reminded me a bit of Chanel so I get why you liked it.

I love the quality of (my) Prada as well as the beauty of the design and leather. I'm also happy with Miu Miu...

I do love the bag you picked and if you buy it -- PICS PLEASE!!! :smile:

3. Thank you Minette! So I take it that's a :tup: then? I'm going back tomorrow to grab it. It feels sturdy and like it would last a long time.

Any other feedback would greatly appreciated!

Oh, and if I do happen to get it, I'll be sure to post pics!

4. alouette...

Shoot! I wanna see pix now! :nuts:

Your bag sounds beautiful --- have you seen it anywhere online so we can check it out??

5. Pad, I hve only seen the bag Alouette described in the Prada boutique (NYC). The Sa said it was pre-fall and that was a few weeks back -- and I've not seen it anywhere online. It was so adorable. I loved the chain and leather strap.

Alouette, are you buying at the boutique? I *think* the one I saw was black...

6. I want to see too!!!!! Can anybody get a pic!?!?! Pad..get to PRADA!!!!! (...but hide your phone lol!!!)

7. No, I didn't see it at a boutique. We don't have one in AZ. I saw it at my Saks. I believe the SA said Saks (or maybe just my Saks) only ordered it in dark brown and a light beige/tan color. The dark brown almost looks like a black too.

Sorry, no pics that I've seen online yet. Trust me, I've tried to find them!

I'm going back today and posting pics will be my first priority....second will come work. ;)

8. ^^that's not the same bag but it's the same basic concept..chain and leather strap and same kind of shiny'ish leather.

I wound up getting the bag btw!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I'll be posting pics as soon as I can get my hands on my camera!

9. ^^^OMG, I'm going to get into SO much trouble when the rest of the fall line gets out. I'm loving these Pradas with the chain straps! :rochard:

10. Nope, that's not the one I saw... I hope Alouette and I are talkin' about the same bag. It was a chunkier chain strap I think, kinda like Chanel's Lady Braid? And I'm pretty sure the leather on the one I saw was smooth, not pebbled...?

Can't wait to see Alouette's pics!!! WooHoooo!

11. So I finally bit the bullet and got the bag! Minette, I *think* we're talking about the same bag.

What do you guys think? Pardon my ever expanding belly and casual outfit...being 7 mths pregnant and a 113 degree day do not mix! :sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

Also, do you think this shiny type of leather is more prone to cracking/drying/peeling? I get so meticulous when it comes to my expensive bags!!!!! :rolleyes:

ebay pics 021.jpg ebay pics 022.jpg ebay pics 023.jpg ebay pics 024.jpg ebay pics 025.jpg
  12. Phew! Saved by the size! That's much bigger than I like in my bags, but veeeeery nice on you!

Congrats on the new baby! :tender:

13. I think that is a great bag and you should be able to use it in a pinch when you need to carry diapers, etc! I don't know much about that type of leather, but what I do know is Prada bags are constructed so well with really great leather. Congrats! Hang in there in the heat!