Things you won't spend good $$$ on

Here are my bag rules:

1. If the bag is too heavy and I have not even put any of my stuff in it, I just won't enjoy carrying it. Also over time it tends to cramp up the shoulder and neck muscles because so much weight is only on one side of the body.

2. A bag that has no durability has not appeal for me. This includes bags in filmsy materials (nylon, knits, etc) as well as bags that scratch easy. It's absolutely no fun to spend $$$ on a bag that looks like crap only a few months later.

3. Bags that are not practical don't get worn. And that's no fun. This includes bags that have difficult closure mechanisms, like belts. It's no fun when it takes forever to open and close the bag. I like getting to my things efficiently.

One more: bags that are too small to carry my everday "load". If I have to pull half the contents out of the bag to get at something on the bottom, the bag is too small.

pseub said:
One more: bags that are too small to carry my everday "load". If I have to pull half the contents out of the bag to get at something on the bottom, the bag is too small.

Agreed! Unfortunately, I love small bags and have a few that I do have to dump everything out of to get the one thing I need (usually my keys or cell phone). I'm getting better at choosing larger, more functional bags, though.

all money is good money...

with that said...anything I buy, I have to love it. I wouldn't spend any money (no matter how much or how little), on anything just because it was in...therefore.

and I wouldn't buy anything I can't afford either.

Cristina said:
Anything crocheted/knit, with a drawstring, python or lizard, fringe, western-themed, too metallic and shiny, pleather or vinyl, and anything that cannot be carred comfortably.

i'm with you exactly, cristina!

-anything that can't be worn on my shoulder
-nylon
-anything with too much embellishment
-super duper huge bags (unless its a weekender)
-fur, croc, python, lizard
-nothing too shiny or metallic
-nothing too plain

Fur
Exotic skins (ostritch)
Snake/lizard/alligator
Something that I know I'll carry once and then let it collect dust (I have a Coach bag that I did that too)
Huge bags (unless they're for school)
Super teeny bags
Bags that are hard to carry
Fakes (I got rid of all of mine today! Well except for the Paddy, I gotta email the guy about a full refund)
Fringe
Bells (my dance bag has them on it, that was a mistake)
See-thru plastic

hmmm, fur, fake leather or leatherette (haha), nylon, basically my answers would have to match everyone elses.... but i totally argee with the "it has to sit well on the shoulder" and it has to fit all my 'crap'... i think every girl totally deserves a good leather bag that will serve them for years to come!!! :biggrin:

I agree all money is good money and I refuse to spend my $$$ on:

Fur, croc, reptile, etc.
The "it" bag of the moment just because everyone has it.
Bright Colors
Cheap/Hard Leather

My list could go on and on. It would be better for me to say I invest in bags that become part of me, good leather, classic style, comfortable to carry on shoulder or by hand.

fringe, nylon, pleather, or laminated canvas. and I will NOT buy a heavy bag, in fact I will get the lightest one I possibly can. I carry enough crap as it is without my bag weighing me down more.

I forgot to say the trendy "it" bags, unless they're like, the greatest thing ever. I have a Dooney white It barrel bag, it was from the first line that came out about 3 years ago (I think), and I was one of 2 people in my high school that had one (the other girl who I knew has the satchel in blue). Then that fall Dooney got super popular and even the freshmen had Dooneys, so I never carried mine in school because I hated seeing everyone with the same bag.