Things everyone seems to like but you

ditto to George Bush! ;)

Low rise/flared leg jeans - I don't think anyone looks good in them, even the models!
Piercings (other than ears)
Tatoos (on either men or women)
earbud cell phone things - people look SOOO pretentious wearing those things around in stores and restaurants!! What? Are you expecting a call from the CIA about the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden? No? Then take off the stupid cell phone ear piece!! ;)

hehe ... glad you guys are there with me ... strangely now ... after that is off my chest ... i dont hate....... any thing ..... ahhh therapy!:yahoo:

pS ... I CANT WAIT TILL 2008!

popcorn

dave matthews band (it all sounds the same)

tanning...heck, being out in the sun for prolonged periods of time in general (we're talking anything more than 10 minutes here)

strawberries (i swear on some level i must be allergic to them and my body's just trying to protect me....they just repulse me)

sweet froufrou-y alcoholic drinks (i'll take my sugar in a candy bar thanks)

energy drinks :yucky: (but i'm crazy because i drink esspresso drinks with four shots in them...:rolleyes:)

napolean dynamite (stupid, not funny)

pedicures (my toes are always painted, but i cannot STAND having someone touch my feet)

there's probably more. :yes:

Celesus said:
GEORGE BUSH!:throwup: :throwup: :throwup:

Amen, sister!

I also hate facials. (The part where they put warm towels over my face. Stuff over my face freaks me out. I was trying to relax and enjoy the warmth but the whole time I'm thinking, "There's something on my face! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!"

And I also REALLY don't like Anne Coulter. (In one of my chat groups it's like everyone worshipped the ground she walks on with her cloven hooves!) I don't fault her for having an opinion, but there's a way to do it without calling Liberals 'godless.' And don't even get me started on what she said about World Trade Center widows!

Adding more:

Any type of alcohol except for those girly drinks (I guess they're called cocktails, I'm not familiar with the terms but no wine, champagne or beer)
Salads (I don't like raw vegetables for some reason, I think it's the crunch)
Parties (never got into it, small group gatherings are ok but not huge parties)

layla said:
McMansions

Jennifer Marvin said:
Sorry, excuse me, what is that?

McMansion is a slang term in the States originating in the1980's a pejorative description and an idiom. It describes a particular style of housing that—as its name suggests—is both large like a mansion and as culturally ubiquitous as McDonald's fast food restaurants.

McMansions were a new concept intended to fill a gap between the modest suburban tract home and the upscale custom-designed home often found in gate-guarded, lakeshore, or golf-course communities. Some large tracts of these houses have been developed around such communities, while others are built in pre-existing neighborhoods, either in empty lots or as replacements for tear-down structures.

The foremost characteristic of a McMansion is the impression of its largeness, particularly when compared with smaller, older nearby housing. This style of house will usually have two stories, although it is common for some ground floor rooms (particularly entranceways) to extend the height of the building.

Even in affluent locations which already have a ready assortment of large houses, the construction of what seems to be too large a house on an existing lot will often draw the ire of neighbours and other local residents.

^*Courtesy of Wikipedia.org

northernbelle33 said:
A McMansion is a big house built on property that originally had a small house. Around where I live, everyone seems to be tearing down their small ranch or cape cod style house and building a big, tall, boxy behemoth of a house on their small suburban property. They look really overpowering for the areas they're in.

^Well described and accurate.

in no particular order..

orange flavoured candy
beer
reality tv
harry potter
lord of the rings
the colour pink
bananas
pork
SUVs (not that anyone i know seems to like them)
driving in london
driving in general come to think of it
bono
u2
REM (oh yes, really)

caannie said:
ditto to George Bush! ;)

Low rise/flared leg jeans - I don't think anyone looks good in them, even the models!
Piercings (other than ears)
Tatoos (on either men or women)
earbud cell phone things - people look SOOO pretentious wearing those things around in stores and restaurants!! What? Are you expecting a call from the CIA about the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden? No? Then take off the stupid cell phone ear piece!! ;)

I totally agree!! Those things look ridiculous!! This is a great thread!

Some other things I don't like
Seafood, Fast Food, Soft Drinks, Orange & Chocolate togethter, Cucumber, Pickles, the color Pink, Crocs (those ugle foam shoes everyone is wearing), Coach bags, Tube tops, Baseball, Basketball, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Loud Bars/Clubs, Oprah, Elvis, Kanye West, Cats, Kids...that's all I can think of for now...

northernbelle33 said:
A McMansion is a big house built on property that originally had a small house. Around where I live, everyone seems to be tearing down their small ranch or cape cod style house and building a big, tall, boxy behemoth of a house on their small suburban property. They look really overpowering for the areas they're in.

Oh, ok! I like the nick-name! This is something we don't have in Paris, but, I remember something like that happening in a neighbourhood I lived in in the States. The little house went away, and suddenly a bit house appeared and blocked my view! AND, to make matters worse, they painted it lavander and green!

So, I hate Mc-Mansions as well! Can I join your club?