Thickskin Closing-Last Call!!!

1. Dear Thickskinners:

After 5 years, Thickskin is going dark. It has been such a wonderful journey and I'd like to reward your patronage.

Especially for my Thickskinners, choose your Thickskin bag AT COST!

Styles and leather available:

VIP (jungle or lava) $200
    TOTE (lava w/no stripe) $200
    ROCKSTAR (jungle or black cannibal) $175
    MANBAG (black cannibal or jungle w/silver hardware) $220
    BUCKET (lava, black cannibal or jungle w/silver hardware) $190
    TIGER PENDANT $15 (chain not included)
    COMPUTER BAG (pictured below) $395 (jungle or black cannibal)
    FINGER CLUTCH (lava or black cannibal with nickel grommets; jungle with copper grommets) $150

All orders subject to availability.
    All manufactured items are pre-ordered and funds must be received before item goes into production.
    All purchases must be made with cash, checks or money order made out to Cordila Jochim, or wire transfer.
    All prices listed are before shipping.
    All sales final.
    All orders MUST be in no later than 9/29.

Thank you for your loyalty and support!

Warm regards,
  2. Wow, thanks for posting - I'm sorry to hear they're closing down. Their bags are well-made of unusual leather.
  3. I hate to hear that. I really liked some of their bags.
  4. If one was to order, how would they go about doing that?
  5. There were no ordering instructions included with the email, however I found this on the Thickskin website......

To order contact
  6. Wow, thanks for posting.

bagachondriac -
    do you have a Thickskin bag?

Have always liked the I take the plunge?
  7. No...I never bought one although I don't know why as I like some of their styles.
  8. I can't find a picture of the computer bag. I'm sure I'm just overlooking it but can someone post a picture of it? TIA!
  9. Hi Melly,
    The email that I received contained no pictures, however I have found what I believe to be the computer least I hope so.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="3%"></TD><TD width="52%"><!-- start of product description--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>
    Created for Tommy Lee (who's spinning now) this multi-funk-tional bag holds just about everything: computer (with padding to accommodate size), ipod, cell, PDA, power cord, and headphones. Sturdy strap carries up to 300 pounds. Alloy clips. Fierce!

Shown in black cannibal Dim: 16.5 x 11.5 x 4

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><HR align=center width="100%" SIZE=1><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width="100%"><!-- show the styles for this bag --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=left><INPUT hideFocus type=radio CHECKED value=81 name=styleID></TD><TD align=left>BLACKCANNIBAL</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><HR align=center width="100%" SIZE=1><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle width="25%"><!--end of show the styles for this bag -->Price: $850.00 </TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle width="50%" colSpan=2>To order contact <!--end of product descriptions--></TD><TD vAlign=top align=right width="25%"><!-- product detail small image with link to show large --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width="45%">
  10. Okay folks, I hate to be a contrarian, but my word, it has to be a word of faith because we're paying up front, the bags will be produced and alas, if anything goes awry, we have no recourse?
    Anyone else have these thoughts?
  11. I was just thinking about that. :sad: I would really like to order that computer bag for my boyfriend's birthday but $400 is a lot of money to lose if something goes wrong.
  12. I wanted to check out their tiger pendant and can't find it!

And I do agree about investing lots of cash in a bag with no escape route... or even "follow through" gaurantee is risky!
  13. Good point! (as I write out my check) No seriously, I guess we put blind faith into their reputation. So now we just need to find a tpf-er that has a Thickskin bag.....
  14. asark--I couldn't find the pendant either..