They're here, They're here! My new to me CLs!

hlfinn

ASO The Today Show
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
So technically these are my second pair of Cls since I also bought boots on ebay but I am so excited about them it's like they're my first! They fit like a dream- though my heel is slipping out of the left one a little bit but I am sure I can fix that! They were described on ebay as black with plum undertones but they look more bronzy to me. And the pics I took look silver. True chameleon shoes I guess! They have more toe cleveage than I'm used to but I think I might grow to like it. I adore them regardless and I cannot wait to start wearing them! To what I have no idea.... lol.

One question- The scales seem to be coming up a little on the back of one of the shoes. Is there something I can do or have done to them to protect them? i heard they can catch on your clothes and get ruined. Thanks!

I hope it's ok but I went a little picture crazy. :angel: The lighting in my apt is so bad. And my cat wanted in on the action. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_6913.JPG
    IMG_6913.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_6914.JPG
    IMG_6914.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_6918.JPG
    IMG_6918.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_6922.JPG
    IMG_6922.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6927.JPG
    IMG_6927.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 116
two more pics- of the scales so you see what I mean and one more silly one.

i am also trying to decide what to get as my first new new pair. i know which ones i've been coveting but i'm trying to think if i should get something more classic or fun. so many choices!

Attachments

• IMG_6928.JPG
    IMG_6928.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_6930.JPG
    IMG_6930.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 83
thanks noe, bos and larr!

xn- yes, there are cutouts on one side. i asked here and a few people said they thought they were merry go rounds. except that they only knew the merry go rounds to come in patent. someone said maybe i got a special order? i couldn't find out anything else about them though i looked!

Those are really pretty. I think that color is pretty cool in that it seems like it'll change and you could wear them with a lot of different things. I have no advice on the scales as I have no scaley shoes, but enjoy them!

thanks zophie! i was thinking the same thing. i want to try them with jeans too. i forgot to say sorry for the embarassing flannel lined jcrew pants! lol. it's cold here!

..................One question- The scales seem to be coming up a little on the back of one of the shoes. Is there something I can do or have done to them to protect them? i heard they can catch on your clothes and get ruined. Thanks!............
Hi hlfinn,

This is not uncommon as I bought a pair of Python Palace Zeppas that had the same condition.

On the larger scales I was able to apply very small spots of clear glue, using the tip of a needle. Although this was tedius it did work. However, when you get to the multitude of smaller scales this is not practical.

I read somewhere that the scale tips curl when the skin dries out too much. Research on the Internet seemed to suggest that Bees Wax was the correct type of treatment.

I bought some cleaner/conditioner (Leather Amore) and bees wax (Old No.7) from the Pinnacle Supplies CO (see the link below). I purchased thier [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pro Leather Care Kit1 . [/FONT]However, I have not yet got around to treating my wife's Python shoes with these products so you will need to make your own judgement on them. I also read, somewhere, that you should NOT use the Mink Oil products that are available.

Hope this helps.

http://www.watchpolishing.com/leathercare1.htm