They started the DEMO...

1. on our house today. I went to meet the contractor and the entire second floor of my house is demolished. I can't believe that we are actually going to go through with an entire house renovation. Hopefully tommorrow, even more will have been demo'ed. I will be updating this thread daily....

2. You have got guts! Taking off the second floor! WOW! Can you post pictures?
    You guys here have got me anxious to blow out one of our walls & expand.
    Are you living there? Do keep us updated.

3. ^^^Vegas, we are not living there. Thank goodness for small things!
    Update- first floor to be gutted tomm. Will try to post pix....

4. wow that sounds MAJOR!!!

GOOD LUCK!! you sound so calm about it....

5. Cool! I hope it all goes smoothly!!!

6. oh ada, i think it's a great idea to check in daily to get support...it will be tough, but well worth it in the end....would love to see pics!

7. Hi Everyone! Thanks for the words of encouragement. I was just on site and- now the entire first floor is DEMO'ed!! It's exciting and scary all at once. The said that framing might start as early as MONDAY!! I must go and order my windows tomm. Any one with any window advice?

8. We have decided on Jeld-Wen windows in a dark mahgony color. Does anyone have these in their house? Please advise....

9. OK new update-spent most of yesterday picking out windows. Monday they are going to start the framing. Tuesday I have an appointment with the Kitchen people. Need suggestions on designing a kitchen...

10. Things have been so crazy-The demo is done, and so is the sub floor!! We started the framing today. Now is the fun part- I have to start the cosmetics of the house. I have a kitchen appt. on Monday. Any suggestions when designing a kitchen....