There is a new Silver/Pewter Stam...

Daisy said:
Thanks for the scoop, angst!!!!! It is *I* who has the bronze coming tomorrow and I'm glad to hear that you at least liked it the best out of the three.

Why the heck would he release the bag in such an ugly color as the camel? There are so many GOOD colors out there! All those gorgeous colors he produced in the Bowler... lobster, apple green, midnight, etc. What is he thinking?

Please accept my apologies, Daisy. I knew I should have gone back and double checked that just in case. Mea culpa.

I was totally perplexed by the camel. It made absolutely zero sense to me. I agree, there are so many wonderful, fabulous colors out there. In terms of MJ colors, I am a big fan of the midnight blue. And much to my surprise, I love the apple green as well. I have tried on the tote a few too many times. I've been successful in talking myself out of it each time though.

I'd emailed MJ corporate a few months ago asking about a Stam in midnight or moss (green)--they're response was that those were winter colors and that their focus was on neutrals for the spring... I guess that's why they made the "ikcy" camel.

I think the camel might technically be a "Fall" bag. When my SA showed me a picture of the Fall swatches, camel was one of them. It seems like it's being released awfully early for Fall though.

I know my bag is coming today but I'm so anxious about the color! :nuts:
Eluxury has this MJ and the color is called Bronze. For anyone who has seen the Stam Bronze, does it look like this? I doubt it since this does look gold but I'm curious...

Attachments

• p11025019_ph_hero.jpg
    p11025019_ph_hero.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 45
My Bronze bag is here! WHY OH WHY do I have to love it? :nuts: Out of the box I was hugely disappointed. NEVER trust a man's interpretation of color! It's not silver/pewter at all but it IS a very complex soft bronzey-gold that changes colors. Sometimes for a split second I do see pewter and then it disappears. It's really gorgeous though and soft for a metallic and neutral overall. I was kind of hoping to hate it but no dice. :unsure: I was thinking this morning that a metallic Stam kind of kills the vibe... but the vintage vibe is gone already from the first release of Stams (Fall 05, which I have), so to me this is just a new twist, in a good way.

I'll start a new post with pics as soon as I can!

I think the camel might be really nice once it starts to wear in a bit. Like when the color starts to change, I imagine it will start to turn to a deeper tan color. I was told the next color will probably be the moss green like the bowler. That might be really cute.

Daisy, I'm glad to hear that you love your bag. I definitely saw silver in the Stam that I looked at yesterday, and no bronze. Perhaps it was the lighting? The bag was towards the front of the store, in the corner where the lighting wasn't the greatest, so I would be curious to get another look at the bag in full light. I can't imagine the leather varying from bag to bag like they do on Balenciaga's per se. Or perhaps the color appears different to different eyes?

I'd love to see pics of your bag if you get a chance. Enjoy!