1. Do you wear it? How do the pants run, please? Compared to other brands (name them specifically, which size equals which size), jeans or otherwise? What about their skinny pants?

Thanks in advance.
  2. I'm a six in brands like Trina Turk. I'm between a 6 and an 8 at most chains like Ann Taylor and Banana Republic (8 petite is usually perfect but usually the length is too short). I find that I need an 8 in Theory.

I tried on and pre-ordered a few Theory pants at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. I love the fit of the thicker fabric pants like the tweeds. I found the normal suit pants too thin for my taste. I like to wear seamless boyshorts (which don't show any VPL) and it showed major VPL in most of the fabrics. I think it would be fine if you wear thong underwear.

I also don't think it's a good brand if you have a larger bum. I have a flat butt and it was pretty tight and formfitting for me. The tweed pants made it look really nice though.
  3. I love theory pants! I don't have a large butt and these make me feel like I have some junk in the trunk;) I wear a size 6 and they are more fitted in thighs and butt than other brands. Other than that they are the same in length. Not sure if this helps?
  4. I'm a size 8 but have a booty and Theory is a little too slim cut for me. I tend to stick with the blouses and not the pants, but I do have to go up a size in the blouses. I do love the bummed they don't work on me. :crybaby:
  5. theory pants are really slim in the butt and thighs. i'm a 00p or 0p in ann taylor, and i fit a 0 in theory too, but it's a little tighter than other brands.
  6. I think Theory runs true to size. I wear a size 4 in most pant brands (Catherine Maladrino, Banana, Alice + Olivia, etc) and Theory is no different.

I love the cut of Theory pants. In my head they are Perfect, but they can get really expensive.
  7. I am a 6/8 and in Theory, I usually just go with the 8.

I also adore their t-shirts but I find those run big and I size down.
  8. I'm normally a 4, but I've got some junk in the trunk and so a 6 fits me great. I've never been seduced by the tops so I couldn't tell you about them.
  9. I have huge hips and have to go up in Theory to a 10! Where as in most other brands I'm a 6-8 (Trina Turk, BCBG, Banana, Express, Ann Taylor, everywhere basically). I just get it nipped in the waist though. Their pants are great and definitely one of my favorite brands to buy.
  10. Yes, most comments have been very helpful. Thank you. :tup:
  11. I also find Theory bottoms to be cut slim. I have large hips so I lean toward the tops and dresses and haven't found the right cut of skirt or slacks with the brand.
  12. The MAX style in their pants fit AMAZING....try that style..I have DOZENS of Theory pants..I adore them!
  13. Me tooooo... I have one in [almost] every color. :tup:
  14. With the pants, sometimes my size will work or I'll go up one depending on the style. I have a trench from them that I love and is true to size.
  15. I love Theory. I think that their pants run TTS.