The Worlds First Adjustable High- Heel

1. [​IMG]
    The high heel can clip in under the shoe

One of the most common wardrobe dilemmas could soon be consigned to history with the world's first adjustable high-heeled shoes.

Using a concealed flip down stainless steel heel, the CAMiLEON Heels shoe can change from a 3" to 1" heel in one quick movement.

With over 23 designer styles the footwear being sold in the U.S costs £150 per pair.
    Co-creator Lauren Handel beleives it is a milestone in the development of footwear.
    Tall celebrities such as Nicole Kidman may be relieved to have an adjustable heel

"If ever necessity was the mother of invention, this is it," she said.
    "For the first time, it offers women the possibility to combine fashion, comfort and convenience - all in one shoe."
    Handmade in Italy using luxurious Italian leathers, the idea was conceived and developed by Lauren's brother Dr David Handel, who wanted to give business women an alternative to wearing sports shoes on their to work.
    Launched just four months ago across the U.S Lauren beleives the popularity of the adjustable heel shows that women the world over have been crying out for it.

"The response to our shoes has been thrilling for us and as we hear and read customer testimonials there is a deep sense of gratification for all of the efforts that went in to making our vision a reality," she said.
    "We would want for women all over the world who want or need to wear high heels to have all the benefits available to them that an adjustable-height high heel offers." CAMiLEON Heels can be purchased in the UK at

Article: The Daily Femail
  2. I bet that is also the most uncomfortable shoe. It won't follow the natural contour the foot makes to go from 1 to 3 inches
  3. Why bother? Surely you end up with the pointy toe of the shoe sticking up in the air when you set it to the lower heel... Also, what about the contour of the heel?
  4. I can't see how that's going to flex properly
  5. I agree with the pp. There is a reason this hasn't been done before, and that is because the rest of the shoe is built based on the height of the heel. Everything from the toe box to the arch is built around the height of the shoe, so adusting it would make the whole shoe "off" one way or the other.
  6. The only way that could work is if the sole is flexible like a ballet flat. That has to be the most uncomfortable shoe.
  7. unfortunately thats f.ugly. and i cant see how the shoe would be contoured correctly for the different heights?! how ridiculous.