The World News is Making Me Tired

Jennifer Marvin

creatrice
O.G.
Jun 19, 2006
Got my coffee and built up the courage to turn on CNN. Crisis after Crisis. :crybaby: I could use a pick me up. :girlsigh: I need some good news, what about you? I am going to force myself to find some positive things around me right now. Anyone want to join me:

1. the sun is shining!
2. The Purse Forum is still on line and my ADSL is working.
3. It is the beginning of a brand new week which means new opportunities!
4. I love my work! I am so fortunate to be able to make a living doing what I love.
5. I woke up, which means, I am still alive!
6. I live in Paris, which is still, after 6 years, like a dream to me.:tender:

Whew, I feel better now! :jammin:

Jennifer Marvin said:
Got my coffee and built up the courage to turn on CNN. Crisis after Crisis. :crybaby: I could use a pick me up. :girlsigh: I need some good news, what about you? I am going to force myself to find some positive things around me right now. Anyone want to join me:

1. the sun is shining!
2. The Purse Forum is still on line and my ADSL is working.
3. It is the beginning of a brand new week which means new opportunities!
4. I love my work! I am so fortunate to be able to make a living doing what I love.
5. I woke up, which means, I am still alive!
6. I live in Paris, which is still, after 6 years, like a dream to me.:tender:

Whew, I feel better now! :jammin:

Hello! Great thread. I was actually very frustrated by the news today also. I was watching a political show that called what is going on as "world war III". I don't disagree with that. I live in the U.S., but I'm from the middle east, so I have a special reason to be nervous.
Anyway, I had a question: you said you love your job and I was curious about what you do in Paris. And also, my friend who grew up in Paris says that Parisians hate Americans, have you experienced any "racism"?
I am happy for:
1. The most handsome and wonderful boyfriend
2. An amazing and loving family
3. I'll be done with medical school in less than 2 years and I get to be my dream profession
4. I carried around my Manhattan GM today for the first time and it felt great
5. I'm healthy
6. I lost 20 pounds for the summer and I look GOOD!

Thanks for letting me share!

BlueBunny said:
Hello! Great thread. I was actually very frustrated by the news today also. I was watching a political show that called what is going on as "world war III". I don't disagree with that. I live in the U.S., but I'm from the middle east, so I have a special reason to be nervous.
Anyway, I had a question: you said you love your job and I was curious about what you do in Paris. And also, my friend who grew up in Paris says that Parisians hate Americans, have you experienced any "racism"?
I am happy for:
1. The most handsome and wonderful boyfriend
2. An amazing and loving family
3. I'll be done with medical school in less than 2 years and I get to be my dream profession
4. I carried around my Manhattan GM today for the first time and it felt great
5. I'm healthy
6. I lost 20 pounds for the summer and I look GOOD!

Thanks for letting me share!

WOO HOO! I am glad to know that we are still able to see positive things in our lives! Congrats for the weight loss! I am struggling!

To answer your questions:

I am a fashion and leathergoods (handbag, sometimes in fabric, as well)designer in Paris=))))

NO, no, no, no. I never experience any problems as an American in Paris. Yes, I am sure some people aren't too fond of Americans, but, they are more annoyed with the politics of our country than they are with us personally. I think they don't like obnoxious people in general, :hysteric: regardless of the country they hail from.:flowers:

Things are great here......

We are all healthy & happy
Sun IS shining and there's a beautiful sea-breeze
My son just took his first proper steps! Yahoo!

I know! Naturally, I congratulated myself on being Mother of the Year! Now I've got to watch out for all the bumps and bruises that come along.

I just try to avoid the news.

Things I'm happy about...

The sun is shining. in between clouds anyway
My doggies are nice and clean (groomed on Saturday)
Hubby and I worked together all day yesterday and it was great!

I like this thread!

Here are mine:

1) I'm moving to Canada in August. (I'm a Canadian citizen! I joined The Eh? Team!)
2) I have a beautiful apartment I'm REALLY excited about occupying soon.
3) Just thinking about the things my friends and I can do when they visit me excites me to no end.

I have a great husband, an adorable cat, and a place I can lose myself (tPF)

As far as world news goes, one thing I am very VERY excited about is Discovery made a safe landing. I have been an avid space exploration fan since man landed on the moon when I was 8 almost joined the airforce but in 1979 they did not allow women to fly-short term thinking I could have joined and stayed in who knows I might have been an astronaut (file that under woulda coulda shoulda) and I just get very excited with every shuttle success! So YAY to the astronauts welcome home!!!

I have a wonderful husband, and I love him as much as he loves me (LOTS & LOTS & LOTS!!!)

The sunflowers are all blooming in my garden

the materials for my fall gold jewelry line are in the mail and on their way! (hee, hee! more fun for me!)

Even though it is really hot outside, my house is cool, because I remembered to close the windows before I left for work.

I got done with work early today, and bought a new pair of Sidi cycling shoes, and a side table for my kitchen

I'm on tPF. You all rock!

Attachments

• QAConsoleTable.jpg
    QAConsoleTable.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 17
  • SidiDominator5.gif
    SidiDominator5.gif
    91.1 KB · Views: 12