The Weekender / Voyage Club

Charlotte! said:
I think this bag is very pretty...I don't know anything about Balenciaga & can't see them in person...

Can this be carried over the shouler? Is it still being made? I love big bags, what are the approx. measurements?

Thanks! :smile:

The Weekender can be carried on the shoulder PROVIDED you don't have a bulky coat/sweater, etc. on! However, it's really meant to be carried on the lower arm (or by hand). It is the biggest (with the exception of the new 2006 Courier style) of the Balenciaga bags at:

15"(height) x 21"(width) x 9"(depth)

There is NO strap (if you see a picture with one that it is most assuredly a FAKE!).

There is also a Men's Weekender which has a longer handle (16"), but no Mirror.

These bags are still being made ...

BTW: The new Courier is even bigger than the Weekender, and the fact that it has a shoulder strap - in my opinion, even better for traveling. When talking with the Balenciaga-NYC folks last week, they informed me that Balenciaga is coming out with an even BIGGER Courier come fall!

Honestly, the courrier is big and all. but the hardwear aint that fabulous. I bought one and i just left it handing on the wall as display. Voyage is still my true love.

Ceejay! Post some pics of your black one. Me always want one. Let me drool all over it. XOXO

I have a bordeaux weekender (and don't worry ceejay, you're first in line if I decide to sell :love:, but you must keep me in mind for your seafoam too!) - anyways, I love the weekender size when you need to carry a lot, you can start off with it empty - and throughout the day fill it up! It's a great shopping bag! :biggrin:

Here's a photo of it, and some repeat photo's of me wearing it. :biggrin:

Attachments

• BordeauxWeekender.jpg
    BordeauxWeekender.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 1,891
  • Balenciagaonmyshoulder.jpg
    Balenciagaonmyshoulder.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 1,591
  • Balenciagaonmyarm.jpg
    Balenciagaonmyarm.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,230
Hello BBags...Im another Bbag fanatic from Phoenix.

I treated myself for my b'day present. 2 Bbags!!! I got my Ink courier and my Emerald Weekend just arrived today! Louie from Bal NY was very helpful. I think I got thier last Emerald..(Not sure tho) Thanks for the pointers as to how to carry it!! I cant wait to carry mine.

I will post pics soon!

by the way..my Emerald weekender was GORGEOUS!! The besy color I've had...well second with the Ink!!

But the Emerald...OMG...I cant get over it! Im glad i got it instead of the Rust one!!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

byMiMi said:
I have a bordeaux weekender (and don't worry ceejay, you're first in line if I decide to sell :love:, but you must keep me in mind for your seafoam too!) - anyways, I love the weekender size when you need to carry a lot, you can start off with it empty - and throughout the day fill it up! It's a great shopping bag! :biggrin:

Here's a photo of it, and some repeat photo's of me wearing it. :biggrin:

All I can say Mimi is WOW :love: :nuts: :biggrin: ... that Bordeaux Weekender is the bomb!!! :wacko: Geez ... maybe we should trade; as much as I love my Seafoam (as it is rare), it is the ONLY bag that I feel I have to 'match' my wardrobe with (yeah, right :nuts: !).