The Vintage Mulberry Club...

Well, this is a very, very vintage Mulberry:

View attachment 3317590

As you can see, the very, very vintage Mulberries were very, very different to those we are familiar with today. I will try to upload another image in another post, since trying to upload them together ground my iPad to a juddering halt :P

Just a typical example of a scotchgrain bag hun..there are loads of different styles of scotchgrain bags..i have only one a lilac bell but it is still going strong

Just a typical example of a scotchgrain bag hun..there are loads of different styles of scotchgrain bags..i have only one a lilac bell but it is still going strong

Of course it would; the bags of that period were as closest to immortality as a bag could get.

However, the further photos I put up show the original Mulberry branding features, and I would be perfectly happy if new designs went back to those. I suspect many people would disagree with me, though :smile:

My most beloved bag, my big tote that holds practically my life in it, is a Soho tote in antique gold. I can't even find a picture of it when googling, so I guess she is quite rare.
She is from 2007, but still looking good even though she's been heavily used and abused!
I love the vintage bags, and regret selling my 2003 oak Bayswater who got a new home a few weeks ago. What was I thinking??
In my little family of Mulberry items are a croc Bayswater (from 2009 i think), an oak Ledbury, my Soho tote, a vintage croc postman's lock purse, my oak continental wallet and a couple of keyrings. I love them all.

Last edited:
My most beloved bag, my big tote that holds practically my life in it, is a Soho tote in antique gold. I can't even find a picture of it when googling, so I guess she is quite rare.
She is from 2007, but still looking good even though she's been heavily used and abused!
I love the vintage bags, and regret selling my 2003 oak Bayswater who got a new home a few weeks ago. What was I thinking??
In my little family of Mulberry items are a croc Bayswater (from 2009 i think), an oak Ledbury, my Soho tote, a vintage croc postman's lock purse, my oak continental wallet and a couple of keyrings. I love them all.

Good to have you here can you take a pic of your soho tote and post it here? Would love to see it:graucho:

Here goes, this one holds as I said my life. Not SO many pockets, but two on the side that holds lipgloss and those kind of things on one side, my phone and keys on the other. Zipped pocket for everything else small.. Front outside pocket holds my continental purse and phone for easy access. The big body of the bag holds everything you need as a busy mum of three and fulltime student, books, laptop, water bottle, pencil case - you name it I got it in there (like McGyver on speed, this girl).
It was originally purchased in the M shop in Paris. I haul it around every day, snow or rain, sun and wind, to school and to the football field with my kids (just change laptop for more water bottles :smile:) and it is still beautiful and not damaged at all.
So happy with new info! Maybe must call her him now that I know her name is Spencer?

Attachments

• DSC_0442.JPG
    DSC_0442.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 368
  • DSC_0443.JPG
    DSC_0443.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 356
  • DSC_0444.JPG
    DSC_0444.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC_0445.JPG
    DSC_0445.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 361
Here goes, this one holds as I said my life. Not SO many pockets, but two on the side that holds lipgloss and those kind of things on one side, my phone and keys on the other. Zipped pocket for everything else small.. Front outside pocket holds my continental purse and phone for easy access. The big body of the bag holds everything you need as a busy mum of three and fulltime student, books, laptop, water bottle, pencil case - you name it I got it in there (like McGyver on speed, this girl).
It was originally purchased in the M shop in Paris. I haul it around every day, snow or rain, sun and wind, to school and to the football field with my kids (just change laptop for more water bottles :smile:) and it is still beautiful and not damaged at all.
So happy with new info! Maybe must call her him now that I know her name is Spencer?

Oh my that front pocket is soooooo useful such a breat size and so handy to access stuff without having to get into the main bag......your bag looks absolutely gorgeous just my cuppa tea!!! wish i could have a squeeze of that leather!!! Thank you for posting