The truth on waitlists, notifications, etc

OMG LV BABY DOLL !!!! THAT'S THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME!!!!
I had a work meeting at from like 8-10 and went into Fendi afterwards because one of my co-workers got Fendi sneakers. I was in sevens, a sweater and had my canvas messenger on me. I walked in to no greeting and started browsing. The security guard was no more than 4 feet from me the whole time. I turned the corner on the partition and there he was. I walked out of the store. It was ridiculous. Seriously, Fendi isn't all that to me.

Ugh I know! I don't get their security; I was NOT dressed shabbily or anything-I was carrying my Chanel multipocket and had just bought my Chanel Cambon flats so I had a big Chanel shopping bag. But seriously, their security is just like Cartier's and I don't even understand why. :shrugs:

I'm very irritated with waitlists and don't even bother anymore. Last year when the Popincourt Haut first came out I was put on 2 waitlists and no one ever called me. I ended up buying the BH instead since they had them in stock.

I say just walk in with confidence and be nice yet straight forward and give them a dirty look or two if they get on your nerves...its your money after all

I have seen some rude SAs and lovely SAs...so I dont stick to one...I just go in and ask for what I want and then leave with it or Ill call b/f hand and find out where it is etc....the only person I know a bit is the manager at a LV store that I Special Order things with. I dont like the "relationship' with a SA thing....I call around myself for things I want (Most SAs are clueless anywaz) or have 866 track one down...

For limited pieces and waiting lists...I suggest you contact the Manager and have them help you to be sure :smile:

I say just walk in with confidence and be nice yet straight forward and give them a dirty look or two if they get on your nerves...its your money after all

I have seen some rude SAs and lovely SAs...so I dont stick to one...I just go in and ask for what I want and then leave with it or Ill call b/f hand and find out where it is etc....the only person I know a bit is the manager at a LV store that I Special Order things with. I dont like the "relationship' with a SA thing....I call around myself for things I want (Most SAs are clueless anywaz) or have 866 track one down...

For limited pieces and waiting lists...I suggest you contact the Manager and have them help you to be sure :smile:

Oops...wrong post for wrong thread...:P :shame:

I've never worked sales so I'm probably clueless to the thought process of SA but I really don't understand why you would tell someone thats the last of that item when there are others, its not that hard to take a few more out and show a customer. On top of that wouldn't you rather a happy customer pick the one they want and purchase it than risk them coming back and finding out you lied? I also don't get why they wouldnt call or put you on the waitlist as that would increase their sales. I know they do this, but I just dont get why.:shrugs:

I've never worked sales so I'm probably clueless to the thought process of SA but I really don't understand why you would tell someone thats the last of that item when there are others, its not that hard to take a few more out and show a customer. On top of that wouldn't you rather a happy customer pick the one they want and purchase it than risk them coming back and finding out you lied? I also don't get why they wouldnt call or put you on the waitlist as that would increase their sales. I know they do this, but I just dont get why.:shrugs:

I think the truth is and I know it sucks, but it makes sense. Usually they "manipulate" the lists for people who spend more (aka 50k a year). So basically if you are a peon you won't get the goods. I have never done business directly with 866. I was a new person and I believe I am low on their priorities of people.

i've purchased from 866... in fact, the purchases i've been happy with are from there. i bought some balmoral pumps from them the year that collection came out. i explained i wanted them from saks and voila they found them for me there and i got them tax free. they were right on it and they were among the lastpairs in the country

I think the truth is and I know it sucks, but it makes sense. Usually they "manipulate" the lists for people who spend more (aka 50k a year). So basically if you are a peon you won't get the goods. I have never done business directly with 866. I was a new person and I believe I am low on their priorities of people.

This is very very true!! When I first started going out with my fiancee, he bought me a few pieces of LV that were meant to be on waiting lists, which I couldnt understand.

The first time I went in to the store I know my fiancee buys my presents from, the staff were rude and ignorant and couldnt be bothered to help!

The next time I visited, I took my fiancee with me and they couldnt have been more helpful! Because they now know that he's my fiancee they bend over backwards for me, it's so unfair, they didnt want to know me when they didnt know who my fiancee was, now its a completely different story.

I'm now going to use the new store thats opened in my home city, it really annoys me that they determine how they'll treat you by how much you spend there, it shouldnt matter if you spend £300 or £30,000, everyone should be treated the same!!

If there's a waiting list, it should be stuck to and items shouldnt be held for people unless they're on the list - no matter who they are or how much they spend!!

I completely understand.........now what I do is actually call the manager to confirm I'm on the list....and 2-3 days before the item releases I call to confirm...and then I call them when it's released!!!!!!!

it really annoys me that they determine how they'll treat you by how much you spend there, it shouldnt matter if you spend £300 or £30,000, everyone should be treated the same!!
Well, I can totally understand it if they give special treatment to those who spent more, but at least, give neutral treatment to others, why all the ignorant and rudeness? :Push: