The truth about waitlists...what you may or may not want to know.

yeah I live in utah and there's no louis vuitton store. I have heard rumors that they may be opening one up here in park city, Utah. That makes me sooo happy :smile:

Seriously, in Park City? Where did you hear that? It seems like they would put one in Salt Lake before Park City, but who know! That would be great!

Oh, and it is really nice to make friends with the SA!

well we have the film festival in park city, celebrities come here then and i guess they want park city to be a little classier and provide louis vuitton i guess as a luxury store. Park city isnt far and i would love to go there if they do open up a store there.

yup! totally true. i use to buy only lv bags. then i found this forum! how my taste have changed. i use to go and buy every single bag that came out and now i stopped. i was always called and i would go ( usually love it) and buy it. but lately, this past year- i stopped at the denim bags- i haven't really loved anything. no to the stephen- no to the polly- no to the suhali gm lockit- and now they r not calling me anymore. will be interesting on dec1 with the miroir bags- i wonder if they'll call.... yes money is an amazing thing. what a great motivator to some.

A simliar thing happened to me as well. I went to my fave LV and inquired about the white MC pochette (back when it was waitlisted for months)...she told me I would have to wait, I said I didn't know when I'd be back, but I had would've loved to have purchased it that day...she goes to the back and lo and behold is carrying one, saying that I can take it and the next person on the list will get hers in a week! I was thrilled!

Also, I then wanted to purchase the black MC pochette a few weeks later, it was wait listed. The SA told me there was no way I could have it in less than a month or so. I found they had one in another province so I called my boutique to get it shipped. The local boutique then scoured their inventory to see if they could get me one, unfortunately they did not have any in at the time, but had they, I would've walked out with one someone was waiting for!

It is true that the SAs can pull strings. I am not an LV collector but my mother and mil and other relatives love designer purses and clothes so I am very familiar with it. The year the MCs came out I needed 2 white MC speedys. I did not wait list but called the store. The person told me I would have to go on the wait list and that it would be about 6-8 weeks before I would get a call. Within 45 minutes I got the call. Hubby and I went down and being the picky person I am, the SA brought out several for me to choose from so I could get the color combo I wanted and I was able to buy 2 that day. Hehe, I wish I were really into bags but I like to travel just a bit more since my kids are still young and enjoy going with us.

wow, very very interesting.... Maybe this is true cuz thinking back, I have a story too lol, and i dunno if it counts...
I was on the wait list for the Damier Azur pochette and Speedy 25 more than one month before the launch date and this was even before the SAs knew what I was talking about. So I'm pretty sure that I was like the 1st on the wait list. Then 2 days before the official launch, I called my LV boutique, my regular SA wasn't there, so I talked to this other SA so that she can cross me off the list since I'm no longer interested in it (cuz I saw it a week b4 the launch and was mucho UNimpressed). Then 4-5 days later AFTER the launch, I went back to LV to buy other things and I found out that my regular SA STILL kept the 2 azur bags on hold for me and said she wanted to make sure (in person) that I don't want them. At the moment I was like...Montreal really has to get more LV-buyers cuz our store's small, we don't get alotta inventory, so if she's still able to keep the 2 bags, that means no one here wants it.
HOwever, seeing this thread, it's making me think now that maybe they don't really care about the 10-20 (or more) people on the wait list in order to maintain that 'exclusivity' and 'prestige' of LV...They just try to satisfy their good faithful regular customers instead of going by order of wait lists.....:shrugs:

We also have to bear in mind that a lot of people put their names on the waitlist just for the sake of it, and never with the intention of buying. Again, at the end of the day, allocation policy is dealt with differently with each store. But I do feel for those who really want the bags, but are sidelined by power-trip SAs.

It's not just about money, it's about your relationship with your SA, then seniority of that SA, persistance and luck.

You can't just put you name down and wait for the call if you really want that hard to find stuff or items on release day. For collections like groom when there is a lot, no problem.

Of course, with that said, your relationship with SAs do depend, atleast partly, on what you buy from them.