The tragic death of our dog chuggie - long

Oh my gosh..Honey I am so so sorry for your loss! Chuggie was and still is beautiful and will be with you forever in spirit. I truly believe you will be reunited again someday and that day will be the happiest day beyond belief. I know how much you're hurting (been there and am still heartbroken over the loss of all my past pets) and if you ever want to talk to someone please feel freee to pm me any time! You're a good person - a Angel in fact- to take in helpless, homeless animals and give them love & a wonderful home. God bles you, your precious beautiful Chuggie, and your family. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

Hugs :heart:

Christina

I want to continue to thank everyone that has written a word in this thread. I appreciate so many of you sharing your stories of loss (both animals and people) with me, so that I know I'm not alone. The people in the purse forum are wonderful!

{{hugs}} OMG, I am so sorry for your loss ... I know how hard it is to lose a pet. We had rescued an english bulldog about 15 years ago and we also lost him suddenly ... I can relate to how you are feeling and my heart goes out to you and your husband.

I am so sorry!
The same thing just happened to my parents. They came home and thier beloved English cocker was curled in his bed gone with no warning signs. It is so hard to lose them with no warning and young. My boston is my baby, I love him just as much as my kids and I know when that day comes I will be a mess. Our pets are our children and they deserve to be grieved as we would any family member, it will get better with time. My heart goes out to your family.:heart:

My heart is with you, i have lost my cats and they were my children. I feel your pain , the loss is so deep and your heart really breaks. You have plenty of love in your heart for another dog in need, your husband and you sound like very caring people and knowing that you have saved homeless pets is a wonderful thing, as soon as I lost my cat, I went to the aspca and adopted another, it helped to lessen the loss , remember chuggie and the wonderful life he had, but take comfort in knowing you are saving more dogs from a shelter. You are a sweet person.

Oh my heaven's I am so sorry. I know the heartache of losing a pet and I truly am sorry. I've lost pets and I recently lost my sister to a sudden and unexpected death.

Oh my god I just started to cry and I am at work. I am so sorry for your loss and could not even imagine what you are going through. I have two amazing dogs and I could not even imagine life without them. Until you find out the cause, take comfort in the memories. I hope you are doing ok and I am sending lots of hugs your way!!!

Thanks for the well-wishes. Today is the one week anniversary of the incident. I'm doing much better and I've accepted that she's gone. I still have bouts of angry (though I'm not angry at any one in particular) and I feel robbed of her joy. My other dogs have helped in the grieving process and I'm trying to give them as much attention and affection as possible.

I just saw this thread, but I wanted you to know that I'm sending happy thoughts your way. :heart: Time really does heal all wounds, but it doesn't make the process go any faster.:crybaby:I'm so sorry for your sudden loss; I know that my dog Sophie, who is also a rescue and my avatar, is like my child and I can't imagine losing her unexpectedly. <Hugs> for all your generosity by giving these dogs new homes! At least you know that Chuggie was able to have a happy life with you, albeit too short. :yes:

I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful dog.

Our family dog of 11 years passed away last year in October.

She was fine and suddenly became ill. At first we thought she was peeing in the house, which was uncommon, but noticed that the "pee" was clear. My father noticed that she would drink A LOT of water but would throw it up soon after. We took her to the vet and they discovered a large mass in her abdomen. They didn't know what it was and wouldn't know without surgery. Vet told us that the risks of surgery at her age were not worth it. He gave us medication to treat the mass (assuming it was something swollen). They put an IV to keep her hydrated since she couldn't even keep water down.

The vet told us to bring her back home during the night because they didn't have someone to monitor her during the night if she stayed there. We didn't want her to stay alone in a dark office and in a cage so we brought her back home for the night. We were supposed to take her back in to the vets office the next morning... but she never survived the night.

Minnie passed away that morning before I woke up. My parents were with her during her last moments.

It was so sudden! She was fine and everything went down within 2 days.

I feel your pain. I hope you and your husband will be able to get through it. Just remember, you have other dogs in your home that need you and love you unconditionally.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my first Persian to cancer a little over 4 years ago, and admittedly losing her was worse than losing a human relative. I got her when she was just over 3 months old and she died at 12. Sending warm thoughts and wishes your way, it's not an easy experience.