The tragic death of our dog chuggie - long

Oh my goodness.:crybaby: *BIG HUGS* to you! I am so so sorry for your loss. Chuggie knows that you loved her and she loved you, and I am sure she knows you did all you could to help her. She is your little guardian angel now and is there when you need her. Hang in there, and we are here if you need to talk.:heart:

I'm so sorry, yes I also cried reading about your poor little girl. There is nothing like losing a pet with no notice. It's always sad when your dog dies, but at least with an older animal you come to expect it. With a young dog, there is no warning.

I lost my gorgeous puppy Henry almost 3 years ago. I got a telephone call on New Years day 2004 from my Dad who said that Henry had been run over on our farm. I also collapsed and screamed and cried for days. I am so sorry for you to have to go through this sudden pain, it is so devastating to come to terms with.

Be gentle to yourself and your partner, be kind to each other while you heal. And remember to post here if you need to talk.:flowers:

Oh Chuggie, I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss. It is so hard losing pets, particularly when they're so young. It just doesn't seem right to lose them so soon into their little lives. I can't even big to express how much my heart is aching for you...we had a little dog get hit by a car when she was just 15 months old, and although that was more than a decade ago our family still talk about her as if she was a family member that passed away. My mother has always said that God must have needed Annie more than we did and we'd had her for that short time for a reason...I'm not at all religious, but I wish fervently sometimes that I was, because I think this is a really comforting thought. Regardless, it is an awful, awful thing and I am sending big hugs :crybaby:

I continue to be amazed by the kindness here. I just can't stop thinking about all of your cute personality traits and wishing that I could just experience those again. I just can't come to terms with the idea that she won't be snuggling with me any more or giving me her kisses (we called them mini-make-out sessions). I feel that her loss just seems so random and unjust. :shrugs:

Thanks again to everyone that has written in this thread. Your posts have brought me great comfort.

Yup. I am all teared up too.

I am SO sorry for you and your family to go through such a sudden loss! Know that you did all that you could to help your baby... that's all that any of us can do. I too would be beyond distraught and beside my self. One breath at a time.

I am so sorry about your loss. I am sure you gave Chuggie the best years of her life!!! I know it is hard, but with time things will eventually heal. I will have you and your family in my prayers. And please keep us posted.

BTW, about 5 years ago I suddenly lost my 2 year old pomeranian, I had gone shopping on a Saturday for a few hours and left my perfectly healthy pom on my bed to catch up on her beauty rest........well when I came home I couldn't find her anywhere, when I went to look in my closet there she was curled up in a tiny ball passed away. I was devasted. I still miss her to this day, and I will always love her, but I know she is in heaven at peace. We had an autopsy on her, and they never found out what suddenly killed my Gracie.

So sorry to hear this, chuggie. It's hard enough when you know it's coming, but so out of the blue like this must be twice as rough.

Even though Sam was sick for years and every day we were given with him was a gift, it still wasn't any easier when his time finally came.

Cry and cry some more. When you think you can't cry any more, cry again. It helps. What was the most therapeutic thing for DH and I was doing his memorial page at Rainbow's Bridge. It's in my signature if you have the signature line function turned off. That allowed us to both grieve and celebrate Sam's life at the same time. While I still miss him terribly, I can remember him with a smile now. :heart:

OMG....I am sooooooooo sorry!HUGS!
I just went thru this with my friend and neighbor....she lost her dog suddenly too and is so incredibly devastated as well...(she found her beloved dog dead when she woke up and I had to drive the poor dog to the vet for her.she couldnt even see straight)
I have 2 dogs..one is 12 and one is 1 yr old.....They r like my children...words cant even express how sorry I am...I would just collapse if anything happened to my boys too.

We r all here for u....

I'm so sorry, i totally understand what you are going through, we lost our 10 month old puppy, poppy in April when she dashed out into the road to chase a fox, she was a jack russel and could run so fast we just couldn't stop her, she was hit by a car and the driver didn't stop. I still cry for her and miss her terribly, not what you want to hear i know but the grief is just awful. That morning she was playing with us by the afternoon she was gone.
I hope you get some comfort from your other babies and chuggie is in all our thoughts.

I'm so sorry for your loss, I know how difficult it is to lose a pet - they mean everything to us. Don't blame yourself, sometimes things like this just happen and we can't do anything to stop them. You gave her a wonderful life while she was here and did all you could to save her, and I'm sure she knows it. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and I'm wishing you strength and comfort through your grieving process. :heart:

chuggie,

i'm so sorry to hear about your loss. i had just bought my first dog this past january so i don't know much about conditions & problems, however i would just like to give you and your family my prayers and support. i hope you will find out the reason for chuggie's passing and hope you guys stay strong.
Please keep us updated & my prayers to you.

So sorry to hear this, chuggie. It's hard enough when you know it's coming, but so out of the blue like this must be twice as rough.

Even though Sam was sick for years and every day we were given with him was a gift, it still wasn't any easier when his time finally came.

Cry and cry some more. When you think you can't cry any more, cry again. It helps. What was the most therapeutic thing for DH and I was doing his memorial page at Rainbow's Bridge. It's in my signature if you have the signature line function turned off. That allowed us to both grieve and celebrate Sam's life at the same time. While I still miss him terribly, I can remember him with a smile now. :heart:

Prada, your tribute was beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I think that we'll create a tribute too to celebrate Metani's life and all that she contributed to us.

Holy Di, I know exactly how you feel losing a dog without cause - it seems unfair, but then again, it's never ok to lose a beloved pet.

I continue to be overwhelmed by the support. I might even send my DH here to read the posts so that he can see how wonderful everyone here has been.

:crybaby:Chuggie, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. The only pet I've lost so far has been almost ten years ago..she was a rat terrier named Angel and she got ran over by a car. I know exactly how you feel losing a loved one so suddenly. It gets better, trust me. Remember the good times you had with Chuggie and know that she misses and loves you and your husband just as much as you guys miss and love her. Whenever I think about Angel, I think about her running around, playing and having fun by the Rainbow Bridge waiting for me and the rest of her family. That makes me smile. I believe that we do see our beloved pets again and that makes it easier to understand why this happened. Again I am so sorry that this happened to you. Big hugs to you and your husband. Looks like my Angel has a new buddy to play with. :heart: