The Tiffany Elsa Peretti Bean Thread

Mar 27, 2009
This has to be one of my favorite pieces from Tiffany's; my SO bought me a larger one off of Bonanza a couple of years ago, and this past summer I bought myself another one, in the smaller size.
I noticed something interesting about my bean.
The bean that my SO bought for me off of Bonanza is an older bean. I had it authenticated, I know its real, but the other day when we were in Tiffany's I saw a larger bean (I don't know if I have the 18mm or the 20mm), and it looked more like an actual bean. I feel that the older bean I have looks more like an abstract bean, if that makes any sense.
I will post a quick pic here for now, but i will post more later; for example, how different the stamping is on the back and such.
I think it would be fun if we were to post our beans on here!
So please, post away with whatever information about the bean that you would like to share.
If anyone knows the history of the bean, I would love to hear about it.

This is the bean my SO bought for me. He got it off of Bonanza, and it is either the 18mm or the 20mm, I am not sure. I recently had the chain shortened to 14.5" and got a high polish.

IMG00021-20111014-1905.jpg

Love it! This was my very first piece of Tiffany's! I got the small one when I was 15 and now have amassed quite a large t & co. collection over the last 14 years. Sadly, i never wear the bean anymore but I still look at it! Maybe I should polish it tomorrow and give it a spin. :smile:

I absolutely love the bean!

I've only got one piece of Tiffany jewellery (the RTT Heart Lock pendant) but have always admired the bean - I should have bought that first!

I think it's wonderful that your SO bought you the bean and it looks fantastic with the shorter chain.

Would love to see your 12mm bean if you have time to post pictures!

Love it! This was my very first piece of Tiffany's! I got the small one when I was 15 and now have amassed quite a large t & co. collection over the last 14 years. Sadly, i never wear the bean anymore but I still look at it! Maybe I should polish it tomorrow and give it a spin. :smile:

I think you should! I love the flowing organic shape.

I absolutely love the bean!

I've only got one piece of Tiffany jewellery (the RTT Heart Lock pendant) but have always admired the bean - I should have bought that first!

I think it's wonderful that your SO bought you the bean and it looks fantastic with the shorter chain.

Would love to see your 12mm bean if you have time to post pictures!

I am going to post a few 12mm bean pictures now! I am thinking about shortening this one too... I love this bean so much! Now I need one in yellow gold... :graucho:

My SO is wonderful. He also bought me my white gold love bracelet! He has also bought me a few other Tiffany items, but this one has always been myfavorite because he bought it for me for no reason at all. :smile:

Thanks for taking some pictures!

I love the 12mm bean!

I think it's because I adore dainty jewellery!

I wonder if anyone on tPF has the 9mm bean. Would love to see modeling pictures of that too!

I was looking around on Ebay today, checking to see if there were any good deal on Tiffany, and I saw alot of large beans people were selling...
When I got my large bean, my SO had bought it for me off of Bonanza and I had it authenticated on here before he bought it...
It seems that the larger beans were on 18" chains? Mine is most likely the 18mm, but I will have to bring it in and compare it. Anyway, when I got mine, it originally had a 16" chain.... Also, when we were in Tiffany's last, I saw a couple of the larger beans, and thought that they were shaped a bit differently....
I brought it into Tiffany's to have the chain shortened to 14.5", and when the SA was taking my bean to ready it to be shipped to New York, she took a good hard look at it. It is an older bean, though I have no idea how old.
I would like to think that if it was a counterfeit, that the folks at the New York shop would let the SA know, wouldn't they?

So I discovered some sites that make really good fakes, and it got me wondering...
Here is a link to someone selling a bean just like the used one my SO got me: http://www.etsy.com/listing/7483507...llery&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_facet=vintage

My camera stinks, so I am using this instead, since it looks exactly the same.
My question is, does anyone else have a large bean with the same stamping on the back?
All the large beans that I saw for sale on Ebay and Bonanza had this same stamp.