The Talented Mr. Ripley

1. Starring Matt Damon, Gwenyth Paltrow, Jude Law, Christopher Plummer.

I saw this film a few years ago. In my mind, I labeled it VERY INTENSE.

I saw it again on TV last year. I labeled it intense.

I just viewed it again on TV today. It was so intense I could barely watch it.

The murders seemed far more impactful than the first time I viewed the movie. I had to leave the room several times to calm myself. In between, I hit the mute button a few times so the effect was not so personal.

Perhaps my reactions were because I anticipated the horrific events because I viewed the film beforehand???

In any case, I award this movie 5 stars. Excellent actors. Beautiful cinema of Italian cities I have visited and loved. Viewers over age 21 only. I suggest female mature viewers hold their nerve endings in a very tight grasp.
  2. I've always wanted to see this movie but never got around to. I'll see if I can find it at the DVD store. Thanks.
  3. I loooooved that movie!!!!!!!!!!Right up my alley, beautiful scenery,suspense, mystery!
  4. Matt Damon's greatest role IMO. And don't you just love Jude Law before he became a big movie star??? The scenery was sublime and Gwyneth was so lovely and tragic. Yes, this movie is painfully intense and makes us all wonder who else around us are sociopaths.
  5. I just saw this movie for the first time a few months ago and was completely captivated. The whole film was just so beautiful and well acted. It really broke my heart that Damon's character wanted so badly to be accepted and loved-- but was unable to get that as well as truly give it.
    I love the scene on the boat where Paltrow is sort of explaining Dickie to Damon and how his attention can feel like this amazing thing, or light, and then he shifts his focus and everything changes...
  6. That is such a good movie. Matt Damon has become a wonderful actor. Love Jude and Gwyneth.
  7. very good movie!

There is actually a whole series of novels, I have always wanted to read them.
  8. This film made Matt Damon, IMO.