The Swamp of Florida!

1. I have been meaning to share these photos with you all for a while! When I was back home I had some friends come visit and decided to take them to the Everglades. The pictures are so cool- our airboat driver got us REALLY close to the gators, too close for comfort actually, but it was so much fun. Check out the pics!!

Kinda shady location :p

[​IMG]

Notice the guy.. HAHA. And a random peacock?!

[​IMG]

Gator on its way...

[​IMG]

Closer

[​IMG]

I see some teeth

[​IMG]

Say "HUNGRY"

[​IMG]

After he just slammed his jaw shut on some bread- quite scary

[​IMG]

The Glades

[​IMG]

2. I'm surprised that peacock is still around if there are gators roaming around ! And that is pretty close, and so many teeth !!

3. Really pretty!!! :shame:

[​IMG]

Funniest picture I have ever seen!! On our way out we ran into this boat. Please read the name of the boat and look at the surroundings... tell me you are not dying laughing!!!!!! :lol:

[​IMG]

If any of you ever venture down to south Florida, I highly advise you check out the Everglades! The airboat rides are a ton of fun and it is such an experience. Just thought I'd share!!!

4. WOW!!!!!!!!!!
    Those pictures were soo cool. That gator looks so hungry, I would have freaked out!

5. Great pics! Scary Gator!:amazed:

6. that peacock is too funny :lol:

7. The name of that boat, wow, cracking up!

8. You got some great pics. That peacock is awesome.

9. Oh my gosh! ROTFLMAO!!! That last pic is freakin' hilarious!!! My DH went to the Everglades and went on an airboat tour! He said it was beautiful too! I would love to go on one someday!

10. How fabulous Megs!! Thanks for sharing!!

I have always wanted to see the Everglades since I this one book called "Skinny Dip"...it was chick lit, but mentioned the Everglades a lot through it and ever since then I have wanted to go FL.

11. hahahaha the boat!!
    Oh and the picture above it....gorgeous!!! I loooove rays of sunshine through clouds.
    All of the pics are great.

12. Wow... we have gators in the lakes at my school (I'm in FL) and I've heard occasional horror stories about them attacking someone (or something) but never saw one that close up before!!!

13. Gorgeous pics. But that gator is a little too close for comfort. I like my nature at a distance :biggrin: .

14. LauraLee, "Skinny Dip" is not chic lit, it's Carl Hiaasen, who is hilarious!

Megs, the pics are great; Pimpin' Aint EZ has me ROTFLMAO.

15. gorgeous pictures! The Everglades look so beautiful, I'd love to see them one day! and that gator looks so scary! :amazed: