The Stepford Wives

1. I'm watching it right now (God bless HBO On Demand!)

I liked the movie, but I found the book to be really boring.

(And is it wrong that I found the Stepford Wives' clothes adorable? Obviously not to wear all the time, though . . . . )

I couldn't resists, but I HAD to post some of my favorite quotes! :lol:

Stepford Wife: I'm going to use a pinecone as the baby Jesus this year.
    Bobbi Markowitz:
    And I'm going to attach a pinecone to my vibrator and have a really merry Christmas!

'Balance of Power' Host: Who makes more money?
    Tara: [buzzes] I do!
    'Balance of Power' Host: Who enters Iron Man triathalons every year and wins?
    Tara: [buzzes] I do!
    'Balance of Power' Host: Who secretly wishes they were married to a hot sexy lesbian?
    Tara, Bob: [
    both buzz at once] I do!

Claire Wellington: Today, we are going to discuss - well, it is probably the most important book any of us will ever read. Yes, it is provocative, but it is also inspiring: The Heritage Hills Special Edition Golden Deluxe Treasury of Christmas Keepsakes and Collectibles!
    [wives and Roger squeal and applaud with delight]
    Claire Wellington:
    This book said to me, 'Let's celebrate the birth of our lord Jesus Christ... with yarn.'

Walter Kresby: First of all we are in the country now, so no more black.
    Joanna Eberhart: No more black? Are you insane?
    Walter Kresby: You heard me. Only high-powered, neurotic, castrating, Manhattan career *****es wear black. Is that what you want to be?
    Joanna Eberhart:
    Ever since I was a little girl.

Joanna Eberhart: Hey, aren't you Bobbi Markowitz? I love your books. What was the name of that book, the one about your mother?
    Bobbi Markowitz: "I Love You, But Please Die."

Stepford Wife: [in a conversation over how to associate pine cones in preparing for Christmas, some of the Stepford Wives are deciding for make Santa-Clauses out of Pine Cones. Bobbi is Jewish, the wives are trying to think of ways to include her] Your Pine Snowman could be Jewish, just has one of those little Beanies.
    Bobbi Markowitz: [smiling] Or maybe I could just use hundreds of Pine Cones to spell out the words 'Big Jew' in letters 15 foot tall, on the snow in my front yard.
    Claire Wellington: [all the wives smiles disappear... after a long silence]
    [laughing out loud]
    Claire Wellington:
    That's a wonderful idea.
    [the wives smile and clap loudly]

Roger Bannister: [Excited] Jerry... Jerry, its a bakesale! An actual bakesale! It's like some heavenly diorama at the Smithsonian in the Hall of Homemakers.
    Roger Bannister: Oh, no. No, stop it. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it. That is not cobbler!
    Jerry Harmon: Roger... could we - could we reel it in a couple hundred yards?
    Roger Bannister: [
    to the Stepford Wives at bakesale] How do you ladies keep your figures? Is there just a huge vat of cobbler vomit somewhere?... But worth it?

2. I'm sorry, my bad . . . it was on Showtime On Demand.

3. Nothing compares to the original Stepford Wives movie starring Katherine Ross and Paula Prentiss.....rent it and know that the ending is much better than the remade movie.

4. Great Quotes Caitlin!!! :smile:

I Love Both The New & The Old. There Was A Stepford Husbands....I Think It Was On Lifetime (W/Donna Mills)...It Was Good.

I Think The Newest Is Completely Adorable.....Yes! There Outfits Were So Cute.

5. I have to admit I find the clothes to be the part of the movie. Love 'em!

6. I think the original was one of the scariest movies of my childhood. The remake movie was funny,but it wasn't scary.

7. i'm assuming you're watching the nichole kidman version. if so, the clothes were the best part of the entire movie :shame:

(not that the rest wasn't guilty pleasure fun hehe.) :biggrin:

8. I saw the movies in theatres. I thought it was crap. Although I admit I mostly went to see it because Nicole Kidman looked pretty in it and I like the 50's style wives. hee.

9. the women in this movie is so inspiring the character of "Bree" in desperate housewives :p

10. Agreed! As much as I wanted to like the new one (Nicole and Matthew!), it was just horrible.