The State of Fashion ?

I do think Americans are some of the least stylish (not any of us forum people who are American though:biggrin: )--and I agree about the Netherlands. I was there on spring break and loved all the flounce skirts I saw, which I'm very partial to anyways. But when I was in Barcelona last year, I really liked the style there too which was more casual, but earthy and interesting.

^^^lol!! I concur Fendigal!

I guess I'm usually impressed by the clothes that my Italian friends have and enjoyed their fashion scene when I was there.

I love the British when they mix punk and traditional, like Vivienne Westwood or Alexander McQueen, I love the French for their classy/feminine style, the Italians are so sexy, and as for the Americans...well we're friendly!

Yes! The majority of us Americans dress terribly! I guess I'm the only one who doesn't think it's appropriate to wear pajamas on the plane. France has the Chanel skirt suit, and we have..........Juicy Couture sweats. :sick: :roflmfao:

I love dressing, I find people in American see you as a matrial person if you dress well. I love clothes always have. It makes me fill good when I see others dress well. When I visit NY I watch all of these women living there lives in great style. I would love to go to France and Japan to people watch next.

As a young girl visiting NY is what made me love style and fashion.

MandM said:
^^^lol!! I concur Fendigal!

I guess I'm usually impressed by the clothes that my Italian friends have and enjoyed their fashion scene when I was there.
I third that. PA is preppy, sporty or ghetto look. That's about it. Nothing that screams funky or mod.

People who live in NYC have great fashion sense.

I also like the way Italians and the Brits dress.

Never been to Scandinavia, but their sense of design is just amazing.

I always loving going to visit my family in Japan because of the shopping! My family's in Tokyo and that part of Japan is definitely fashion-forward (think: high end fashion - i.e. the Prada 7-story flagship store, for example + Harajuku girls a la Gwen Stefani)... but the countryside parts of Japan are definitely trying to follow American fashion :smile: How's that for irony!