***The Sophisticated Soft Lockit Club***

So the Galet PM and the Noir MM are now searchable on the USA website, that was not the case earlier this week.

I talked to my SA (in LV) and the date code is Sept/19 so the bags were built ~18 months ago and they are all made in Paris and just shipped last week (He thought it may have been COVID related delay); They received a reasonable number of them.

The date code is an inbetweener. I'm not sure when LV stopped making the Soft Lockit, but I returned mine in Nov/18, and there were no replacements available.

I IMed my SA at Rodeo and I was told he could order them also, I'm still hopeful to replace my Baby Blue with python handles someday.

As a side note, the W-Totes also showed late last week.

I don’t know what to think, other than I was able to get 2 bags that I never thought I would see again and hopeful that I will be able to keep these bags for years to come.
Returned mine late 2018/early 2019. Bought in 2014. Had melting issue.

I have found a pre owned SL in the exact specs of my favourite one I returned , due to glazing issues. This one is from 2014, what do you guys think? Is it highly likely it will have issues? I can't remember in what years I bought my 2 SLs, both had to go back to LV.

I exchanged my soft lockit for a Mahina Bella Tote. I loved the soft lockit but had a horrific experience with the glazing melting over everything on a hot summer day. I think I posted this experience further back in this thread. There is glazing on my Bella Tote also so I hope LV has fixed this issue.

I exchanged my soft lockit for a Mahina Bella Tote. I loved the soft lockit but had a horrific experience with the glazing melting over everything on a hot summer day. I think I posted this experience further back in this thread. There is glazing on my Bella Tote also so I hope LV has fixed this issue.
I also exchanged my 2 SL for a City Steamer and a leather Montaigne: I sold both soon after as I wasn't that keen on them. I'm still in love with the SL and would love to have one again but I'm scared it might have the same glazing issues.

Reactions: Chagall
I exchanged my soft lockit for a Mahina Bella Tote. I loved the soft lockit but had a horrific experience with the glazing melting over everything on a hot summer day. I think I posted this experience further back in this thread. There is glazing on my Bella Tote also so I hope LV has fixed this issue
Hi Chagall, I hope you don’t mind me asking - what is the glazing melting issue with soft lockits? I’m falling in love with a bag on a resale site, and having no experience with soft lockit bags I thought I’d check with the ladies of TPF!
What does the melting look like - would it realistically show on a well used bag?
Thank you so much in advance!

Hi Chagall, I hope you don’t mind me asking - what is the glazing melting issue with soft lockits? I’m falling in love with a bag on a resale site, and having no experience with soft lockit bags I thought I’d check with the ladies of TPF!
What does the melting look like - would it realistically show on a well used bag?
It's discussed at length in this post just review a few years back

Here they are, the 2021 Lockit (they dropped the soft) MM in Clementine and the MM Quetsche. The bags are almost identical to the older version, they seem slightly lighter than the original bags, but that could be totally false. I’m glad to see them back; I hope they bring back the Python handles at some point.
KimMN

View attachment 5034189
These bags are just so gorgeous 😍😍 I hope you’re getting a lot of joy out of these two, here a few years down the road ☺️
At the moment I’m very tempted by a pre-loved SL in the burgundy color, but reading this thread, I’m having concerns over the reported handle issues! Excuse my ignorance, but was the burgundy color only issued in 2021, or could it also be one of the earlier bags?

I am very sorry, I didn’t see your post until tonight. I had a terrible experience with my SL on a very hot afternoon. The melting left black streaks on everything in my bag, including a Hermes wallet. I was sad to part with it but the glazing was a very serious problem with the SL. It is a beautiful bag with wonderful leather.

I am very sorry, I didn’t see your post until tonight. I had a terrible experience with my SL on a very hot afternoon. The melting left black streaks on everything in my bag, including a Hermes wallet. I was sad to part with it but the glazing was a very serious problem with the SL. It is a beautiful bag with wonderful leather.
Yep, I still miss my ones and really wish LV will bring them back some day! Together with the SC bag (which also had glazing issues) they are my LV all time favourites.

Reactions: Chagall
Thank you for sharing, and I’m really sorry for your ruined items 😱 😢
I decided to pass on that bag; beautiful though it was, it is so disappointing when there’s quality issues. Thank you so much for your reply and I’m ever so grateful for all the help and support from this wonderful group 🤗