Tech The SIMS 3

I know if you don't have some of the content, like say you download an object from the exchange page that someone's recolored and you want to upload it to your game. That object is something That person bought from the store, so in order for you to get it you have to buy it from the store as well.

I personally HATE that you have to buy content now, it's stupid. I wish they would have kept the CC the same as it was for TS2 where Sim related sites would make content that you could download and add to the game for free.

Totally agree about the buying content comment. I don't think they will do this next sims game. I think what they did was take alot of user greated stuff/ put it in their store, then charge us for it. I have not problems downloading free, but refuse to pay.

Spablo, the saves do take a long time. I've heard many people say this is the price for having an open community and no load screens. I tend to save at the VERY end of my play time.

Ok, a very bad sim day yesterday. So, I have this family, the Kobayashi fam, mom and dad, 4 kids (3 girl, one boy), so I was trying to hurry to get the get the kids in rships and married off. Well, was going to wait until sim Saturday to Marry the daughter Misha...how about the mom dies the day before the wedding. So now everyone in the family is in the red and depressed. Decide to go ahead with the wedding. Have the wedding on Saturday, before it can fully start, the dad Hiro, dies, talk about depressing, and right after the dad dies, one of the elderly guest dies. Geez!!!! All of my guest were like "Great party, NOT"

Am I the only one who found the graphics with the sims 2 better than those in TS3?

I go back and forth about this....I agree with Sims 2 look better...I think they tried to make the sims3 so realistic, that they missed the mark...They look playdo-ish. It took some getting used to, but I don't go back and forth with the older one.

^ I use to save at the end of games too, but recently it started quitting randomly on its own =S

Is anyone planning to get the new expansion? I think I have to wait till exams are over, or else I'll get nothing done :sneaky:

Has anyone had this problem when switching your active household?:

I switched my active household for the first time and when I switched back after a bit, all of my inventory, fridge and achievements were gone. I knew I would lose wishes and I didn't mind. But everything I had grown or caught was gone. All of my seeds vanished and all of the perks I had earned (like being able to plant steak) were taken away.

Ugh what gives?! It definitely didn't warn about all of THAT disappearing.

which patch do you have? Supposedly in the 1.4.6 patch, not the newest one, They fix the vanishing inventory problem, but some peopl still complained about it.

FYI: be VERY leery about downloading the most recent patch, TONS of people have been having TONS of problems.

Thanks for the tip! I actually haven't downloaded any patches because I am weary of them, although my game has been telling me that an update is available. Maybe I'll dive in and give it a try. I don't suppose it can get any worse.

Ok, a very bad sim day yesterday. So, I have this family, the Kobayashi fam, mom and dad, 4 kids (3 girl, one boy), so I was trying to hurry to get the get the kids in rships and married off. Well, was going to wait until sim Saturday to Marry the daughter Misha...how about the mom dies the day before the wedding. So now everyone in the family is in the red and depressed. Decide to go ahead with the wedding. Have the wedding on Saturday, before it can fully start, the dad Hiro, dies, talk about depressing, and right after the dad dies, one of the elderly guest dies. Geez!!!! All of my guest were like "Great party, NOT"

hahaha! That was a SAD sim day!!!

^^^ I love it Cate14. It's a bit different from the regular Sims. You have to solve puzzles in some of the places, like the pyramids, but you can also collect 'relics' from whereever you visited which is pretty neat if you're collecting stuff or you can sell them. There's also new like 'display' pieces in which you can put the stuff from your trips, but not a whole lot of other new items. Also, there's the photography skill now, which I liked for my artistic Sim to take pictures on her trip.

^^^ I love it Cate14. It's a bit different from the regular Sims. You have to solve puzzles in some of the places, like the pyramids, but you can also collect 'relics' from whereever you visited which is pretty neat if you're collecting stuff or you can sell them. There's also new like 'display' pieces in which you can put the stuff from your trips, but not a whole lot of other new items. Also, there's the photography skill now, which I liked for my artistic Sim to take pictures on her trip.

AWESOME :nuts:
Cant wait to get done with my exams so I can start exploring!!