~The SHIPPING from USA to CANADA thread~

And what if it isn't? I did not specifically put in my listing "will only ship to confirmed addresses".

I am 7 months pregnant and a ball of hormones and worried sick about this.

She probably will be confirmed if she's in Canada. If she isn't, she can pay via BidPay just as easily. I have a feeling she will probably be confirmed. Let us know and don't stress! You've got more important things to worry about! :yes:

No worries -- I ship to other countries all the time. Definitely ship USPS Global Express. It's the only way you can get a tracking number. If she pays via paypal you can see if she's confirmed. Definitely state the full value of the bag -- do not state anything less. You should be fine if you send via Global Express because if anything happens you have proof of mailing.

Just go to the counter at the post office -- they will have all the forms for you to fill out. It's really not a big deal!
Excellent advice. This will work in your buyer's favour as well.

Payapl never used to confirm Canadian addresses, but they wised up, and they do now. :yes:

Make sure that she pays you in USD....if you tries to pay in Canadian and paypal has to convert, you'll lose another 4% in fees!!!!!

Also...make sure to insure your package for the full value and use Express Mail.

Did she ask for a shipping quote yet? Usually CDN gals are used to higher shipping fees as well.....so don't worry too much about that!!

just a note, all the above is great advice, but one thing about shipping to cananda, packages usually take much longer to go through customs and whatnot than they do here. all the times i have shipped to canada, it seems it take anywhere from 1 week to 2 and a half weeks to reach the buyers. most canadians seem to know about this though, so if she doesn't receive it right away, dont panic.

Me again - sorry!

I went to the USPS site and estimated what it cost to send my Chanel bag, insured at $1200 to Canada via Global Express.

It came back at like $97. My box was 18x18x8. I put in 5 pounds for the weight and it automatically calculated it then at 19 pounds (which I didn't understand why). :confused1:

Any feedback/experience as always is appreciate. Thanks!

The Global Express calculator has the following info:

The calculator will compute the dimensional weight of the package and compare it to the actual weight. The greater of the two is used to determine your shipping cost.

This means that it assumes the box you are using holds much more than 5lbs when full. So if you use that size box and Global Express that will be the price. The other USPS services use weight rather than size.

The Global Express calculator has the following info:

The calculator will compute the dimensional weight of the package and compare it to the actual weight. The greater of the two is used to determine your shipping cost.

This means that it assumes the box you are using holds much more than 5lbs when full. So if you use that size box and Global Express that will be the price. The other USPS services use weight rather than size.

Interesting, thank you! So basically then my only way to use Global Express and get the cost reduced is by finding a smaller bag then?

You don't have to use Global Express, I saw on your other post that someone told you to. I used Express Mail International last week for a package to Canada and it was fine, I got a tracking number that works on both USPS and Canada Post websites. It cost me $32 with insurance on a $180 value package to ship 5lbs. It cleared customs within 3 days and it's due to be delivered in the next couple of days, which will be the 5 business days they said it would take.

I am so stressed out right now! I just did a search on here to figure out how in the world to ship a Chanel bag I just sold to Canada. I never though to put "US shipping only" so a nice girl from Canada won.

I feel stressed though!

1. Do I use Global Express via USPS?
2. How do I confirm her address?
3. Do I state the full value and she pays duties?
4. What if she claims she did not receive the bag - am I out my money?

Oh God my mind is spinning. Help PLEASE!!!! :rolleyes::sweatdrop:
UPS CANADA is a good bet and have it signed for and with tracking. Good luck!