The right bag for me? I need to ask the pros!!

I didn't know that! I still love the Bolide, but I know how classic a Kelly would be...hah this just got much harder, lol. Maybe a Bolide first, followed by a Kelly? Maybe a Kelly first, followed by a Bolide? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: I think a Bolide in Turquoise and a Kelly in some bright pink...Rose Shocking or Framboise, would be just gorgeous!! I just wish I knew what leathers I could get each color in :s So you really think that I could get a 32cm Kelly for under $6,000? I wonder what leathers I could choose from O_o I've never really looked at Kellys before :shame:
:roflmfao: :roflmfao: Back to studying, young lady!

I was in your exact predicament when I was in graduate school. I'm sometimes amazed at myself how I got my Master's and professional license, despite having bags on my mind all the time:roflmfao:

First, you're not shrimpy! I'm the same height as you! I think the 37 cm is a good size if you're looking for an everyday bag, but the 31 cm should be fine for the stuff you normally carry.

I've seen countless Bolides on the shelves at the 2 stores I frequent, plus most stores are willing to ship them to their non-local customers. Most of the Bolides I've seen on the shelves are chevre or clemence, I think. If you want a different leather, like vache liegee, that's harder to come by on the shelves, and you may have to special order that. I know that people tend to think of clemence as a slouchy leather, but it's not as slouchy on a Bolide because of the bag structure. Togo is pretty much the same as clemence, it just has finer grains.

Yes, they are $5K and up. The 27 cm was about $4800, last I saw. A clemence 31 cm was about $5200. The prices are going up in a couple of weeks, though.

My overall bottom line is to wait for the Bolide, if that's the bag you want. It's so versatile. Once I buy most of the Birkins I want, that's next:nuts:

Vache liegee was 5500 in the fall...a kelly in the same leather I think was 6k.....and a 31 chevre (the above is 31 as well) was the same price; I think the 31 holds a lot! I'm 5'2" and it's perfect for me...athough some gals carry the larger and it doesn't look TOO large! I purchased a couple of bags from resellers with great luck, and saved some money...and then went on to the stores..just an option for a quicker fix.....

neeya - a stiff leather with texture - may be consider vaches liegee, my Kelly is VL and it is stiff and beautifully textured. On my wish list is a 31 cm black Bolide in VL - I think the Bolide would look wonderful with a stiffer, more formal leather like VL yet the texture of VL also gives it a modern relaxed look and hopefully will be scratch resistant too.

Neeya, I say hold out for a couple of months (not very long in Hermes terms) and get a Bolide in 31cm. I recommend chevre for you. Vache LIegee is lovely but you will pay even a higher premium for this leather. You've said that you love bright colors and want a leather that does wonderful things with color - definitely CHEVRE! Colors really pop on this leather and it's super lightweight and durable, too. It can also handle a little rain.
How about VErt Anis, Turquoise or a bright red?
I say do a Bolide first and wait a bit for the Kelly. :smile:

Neeya, I bought my turquoise chevre Bolide in August or September of 2006 and it was only $4,025 or $4200+ with tax. I love this bag and highly recommend it!

Greentea: lol I thought about it last night, and I made that exact decision :biggrin: I decided I definitely want a 31cm Bolide first, in Chevre, since the colors always look so gorgeous when I see Chevre! To get exactly the size, leather, and color that I want, it will probably take until the end of August-start of September, but at least it gives me some flexibility to be able to make some small accessory purchases in the mean time ^_^ And it makes me feel better to know that I am getting exactly what I want. From now on, instead of buying two *love* bags each year, I'll buy ONE omg I LOVE IT!!! bag every year, plus a wallet and such :smile: (at least for the next 2-3 years) This makes me feel much better. I LOVE turquoise, and have considered it, though I am always drawn back to bright pinks like Framboise, Fuschia, and Rose Shocking. I've considered going with Gold, because it's more functional, but I know I'd have to force myself to get it instead of a bright color. I think I'll let my second bag, the one to take into my first job, be a Kelly...maybe...lol :biggrin:

Ninja Sue: I LOOOOOVE your bag!!! I think that color is absolutely stunning!! I have been oh-so-tempted to purchase the 27cm that is on Luxury-Zurich right now, if I wasn't still so drawn to pink :biggrin: