The Real Housewives of Vancouver, BC Canada!

I don't get what the big deal is nessecarily about being judgemental. If someone is a known crackhead, and I choose not to associate with them... well, I might be being judgemental but your own well-being has to come first, even you risk being called the J-Word.

Jody, plain and simple, is disgusting, unladylike and veers into cruel territory. Catty can be funny and entertaining; she's crossed the line (I caved and watched this nonsense.) I believe she may be somewhat villainized by editing, but it seems she gave them enough bishy moments to establish such a persona.

Mary doesn't owe Jody anything - they are not friends, Jody has been horrible to Mary all season...Mary doesn't have to admit/tell Jody anything...quite frankly it seems like Jody is obsessed with Mary's looks - she comments on her clothes and how she looks at every opportunity...if Mary is "full of fillers" that's her business, but my point was so is Ronnie, Reiko & Christina yet Jody attacks Mary's looks only...

As far as Ronnie - we are never going to agree because based on what I've seen I don't like her at all...she does seem fake and phoney, if Mary is her friend for 18yr and she only met Jody she is a very bad friend to run and bad mouth Mary to Jody (Jody did admit Ronnie told her the "jewish" and "second hand clothing store" comments that Mary supposed told Ronnie)
My loyalty would be to my friend of 18 yrs, not to someone who I just met...
Previously you said "In the previews for the reunion, Jody is still going at Mary for the fillers and work she has done to her face.
I am still waiting for the obvious comment...that Ronnie has done as much work to her face as Mary! yet Jody is so focused on Mary it's disturbing
"

In response I was pointing out that Jody knows Ronnie would tell her straight up, which is why it doesn't bother her. I never said Jody was "owed" anything or that Mary should have to respond to those questions.

I'm not sure I agree about Jody being "obsessed," because to be fair the ladies made quite a few negative comments about Jody/Mia's attire as well; it's not purely one sided.

Ya obviously you can have whatever opinion you want of Ronnie, all you know is a TV show. I wouldn't expect any less. I also assume you wouldn't continuously call your best friend of 18yrs a drunk on TV, either, but hey, it's clear you're choosing to see things from one side, and that's fine.

I'm going to respond to your following post in this one as well, and ya I've already said a few times now that I understand what the viewers are being given in regards to certain characters, and how that in turn shapes their opinions. I think that's obvious haha

If these women did not want to be judged by people watching TV then they should not have signed up. Simple as that. Of course the world watching only knows what is shown on TV. No reason to be shocked that we judge them on that.
ah either you're not getting what I'm saying or you're purposely avoiding it. You aren't addressing my points, you're dancing around it and changing the subject to obvious statements like "they should know they would be judged." Yes. We all know that.
Please quote wherever anyone in this thread has said that these women did not want to be judged, and that they are mad that they are now being judged. When has anyone said the women are shocked? They are all plenty aware of what comes along with being in the show, and they aren't complaining? They are all confident women, they are secure with who they are, and they do not let random internet criticism affect them. Therefore I'm confused about why it was necessary to post that statement.

What we were talking about last night had to do with personal responsibility. I was saying we need to take accountability for our own actions, and two wrongs don't make a right. So yes it's understandable that people would have unfavourable views of Jody, yet would it then be ok for us to want to seek pleasure in seeing an enemy suffer? I think it's an interesting topic, because we all get caught up in anger and revenge, and I think it's a pretty cool quality to have when someone wishes well even for those they dislike.
Maybe it's too deep for a lighthearted discussion board.

Last edited:
I love those quilted, nude shoes Jody was wearing at the Bday party. Are those Chanel? We don't have any stores that sell Chanel shoes here so I am not very familiar.

I know this was a long time ago, but I saw these on Bluefly today and I remembered this thread/your post. $495.50 with the SPRING24 coupon code & extra 10% off if you're an international shopper. Only a couple left though.

Looking forward to the reunion tonight, it's going to be a gooder!

Hey again, Terrianne ;)

I'd love to divulge, however it's something beyond just "secret rhov" stuff, it's a personal family thing that a lot of people don't even know about, even though they were there. It's something purposely being kept on the dl. Sorry about that :sad:
I wasn't even going to say anything, but there were quite a few comments about it.

I understand. :smile:

Previously you said "In the previews for the reunion, Jody is still going at Mary for the fillers and work she has done to her face.
I am still waiting for the obvious comment...that Ronnie has done as much work to her face as Mary! yet Jody is so focused on Mary it's disturbing
"

In response I was pointing out that Jody knows Ronnie would tell her straight up, which is why it doesn't bother her. I never said Jody was "owed" anything or that Mary should have to respond to those questions.

I'm not sure I agree about Jody being "obsessed," because to be fair the ladies made quite a few negative comments about Jody/Mia's attire as well; it's not purely one sided.

Ya obviously you can have whatever opinion you want of Ronnie, all you know is a TV show. I wouldn't expect any less. I also assume you wouldn't continuously call your best friend of 18yrs a drunk on TV, either, but hey, it's clear you're choosing to see things from one side, and that's fine.

I'm going to respond to your following post in this one as well, and ya I've already said a few times now that I understand what the viewers are being given in regards to certain characters, and how that in turn shapes their opinions. I think that's obvious haha

They way Jody talks about fillers and having work done - i.e.. Mary & Fiona, is that she doesn't like it/agree with to etc - so much that she has verbally attacked people over it (her confrontation to Fiona at the Rehab launch) was just vile...she hasn't asked Mary what she has had done - she attacks her and makes fun of her...if she doesn't believe in botox and filers they all should be fair game to goof on, not just Mary

My point was Ronnie has obviously had work done but she has never told Ronnie how she feels about her having it done, so why randomly tell Mary & Fiona how you feel about injectables?? They do a show together which makes them "co-workers" - why would a person confront a co-worker about what procedures she has had done, it's none of Jody's business...

Maybe someone at the reunion should ask Jody about her cheaper hair extensions if their appearance are each others business

I'm not avoiding anything nor am I changing the subject. ???

ah either you're not getting what I'm saying or you're purposely avoiding it. You aren't addressing my points, you're dancing around it and changing the subject to obvious statements like "they should know they would be judged." Yes. We all know that.
Please quote wherever anyone in this thread has said that these women did not want to be judged, and that they are mad that they are now being judged. When has anyone said the women are shocked? They are all plenty aware of what comes along with being in the show, and they aren't complaining? They are all confident women, they are secure with who they are, and they do not let random internet criticism affect them. Therefore I'm confused about why it was necessary to post that statement.

Ummm, okay... though I did not say the women were shocked. I said there was no reason to be shocked that they are judged by what is shown.

How did she use Ronnie? How did she use me?
It's not even about respect, it's about human empathy and in some ways it can speak volumes of a person's character. Not sure what empathy has to do with perfection? I really don't expect anything from random people over the internet, I was simply stating that it is a little harsh to laugh at another person's hurt.
I just really believe we can't judge anyone unless we've been in their shoes and have experienced what they have. That's why I treat everyone with the same amount of respect and kindness. Just my opinion, and I respect your difference of opinion.

I really don't care what Jody has been through in her life. I don't see how any of that justifies her horrid behaviour toward almost everyone we see her interact with.

I know this was a long time ago, but I saw these on Bluefly today and I remembered this thread/your post. $495.50 with the SPRING24 coupon code & extra 10% off if you're an international shopper. Only a couple left though.

Looking forward to the reunion tonight, it's going to be a gooder!

That is so sweet of you to go back and find my post (you enabler, you! :graucho:). Thanks!

Off to look at Bluefly...

Last edited:

I have seen every episode and I have not seen Mary call Ronnie a drunk even once, and certainly not repeatedly.

Ronnie was pretty quick to slur at Mary about how she hasn't made millions off her record sales. Of course Ronnie knew that that would hurt Mary. Ronnie is just a bully who needs to check herself back into rehab and maybe actually take something away from it this time.

Last edited:
^ ITA, I don't remember Mary calling Ronnie a drunk either, she has said that Ronnie was drunk & slurring - which was obvious. Even Mia made a comment about Ronnie and her drinking

About the ladies commenting on Mia's clothes. I've only heard comments about her not following the dress code at Reiko's party and that was Ronnie who made the comment at the party to Mary

We don't have to defend our thoughts. I feel zero need to defend or justify anything I have said. Some things I respond to, some things I don't. It's the internet... not to be taken seriously.

ETA - I do recall there being comments about the amount of fur those two wear.

I seriously hope that someone is going to point blank ask Jody if she understand the meaning of "vintage". Probably not but I can hope.

Oh look, Jody's laughing when Mary is crying. Hmmm... is that really that different than those who in this thread said they might be happy to see Jody in tears??? But then none here know Jody, nor did they laugh right in her face.

Last edited:
I must say, it isn't fun reading this thread anymore....

Clearly, any of the Real Housewives franchises are meant to be fun brain-candy for us all...no more, no less. I don't think there's anyone here who really takes it all that seriously...so why are the posts in this thread being taken so seriously? I truly believe that threads like this are meant to be a fun little vehicle for everyone to dish about the show, but now that Paige has joined, the dynamic and tone of this thread has changed for the worse...

Paige, please know that I mean no offense to you or your friends and family members...but can't we just pop on here, have fun with a wicked comment or two, and then just call it day? This thread isn't any great doctoral thesis on family sociology, nor is it meant to be taken as gospel. Everyone here is harmless, the same as the manner in which you view Jody, Ronnie, and all of your other friends.

Let's bring the fun back to this thread!

There is no reason anyone has to read Paige's posts or anyone else's posts. Don't let it ruin your enjoyment of posting about the show

IIRC, Simon from RHoNY has posted on tPF as well and it didn't have to bring down the thread.

Ignore the posts you aren't interested in reading and enjoy the rest. Just like every other thread on this site. :flowers: