The Real Housewives of Vancouver, BC Canada!

Yes, I saw it and found it odd. Now I'm wondering if I should get out my calculator every time I make a purchase at a small store and make sure I was charged 13% and no more. In case someone is doing something sneaky.

I thought you mentioned that others were saying they were over-charged too. Not just Reiko.

Yes, I did say that...others are now coming out and Reiko is considering starting a class action lawsuit with them against the Glass house

I never implied you said it was a cash business, I meant are you suggesting that she may take cash under the table for some clothing purchases. How else can someone commit tax fraud. I was thinking out loud. How do people do it...

I'm assuming she has a bookkeeper, she couldn't possibly run a proper business and do the online spreadsheets, databases, balance sheets, income statements and totals, expenditures receipts, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc. She's into food and fashion, not numbers.

Also, all the accountants I know would never risk their livelihood to fudge financial records so the friend could save a bit on their tax return.

Jody may be mean, argumentative and annoying, but I don't necessarily think she's corrupt. :shrugs:

Based on the cases I've seen, my mother's line of work (she's a large business owner who does her own books), and other people in various businesses that we know, it's my opinion that it isn't implausible that Jody might be a dishonest business owner who might be cooking her books. It's your opinion that she wouldn't be. We can disagree. :smile:

While Jody does lie about her net worth and says she has things she in fact does not, the glass house is not her only income. She has a new husband who is good for that. She wants to be seen as an independent housewife but it's just not true. Her husband needs to buy her new sunglasses.

flashy.stems said:
While Jody does lie about her net worth and says she has things she in fact does not, the glass house is not her only income. She has a new husband who is good for that. She wants to be seen as an independent housewife but it's just not true. Her husband needs to buy her new sunglasses.

LOL! Yeah, if she is going to wear her sunglasses for every little thing, she could at least switch it up a bit. And I agree, I don't think The Glass House makes that much money (more likely than her being a tax criminal) and I'm not sure about her catering business, but I'm pretty sure most of her wealth comes from her husband.

Does anyone know how long they've been married?

Yes I've heard from friends who hang out with her that it is her husband who is very rich. Supposedly she is quite the personality; a love her or hate her type.

I went into glass house many years ago and was thrown off to see a Birkin for sale - that is not where I would buy mine for sure. I wouldn't expect that store with the stock it carries to generate a large profit to fund the lifestyle she portrays. I do know that she is a very successful caterer and has been for years and that is how she is known around vancouver and west Vancouver. It is not for her 'clothing' store.

Yes I've heard from friends who hang out with her that it is her husband who is very rich. Supposedly she is quite the personality; a love her or hate her type.

I went into glass house many years ago and was thrown off to see a Birkin for sale - that is not where I would buy mine for sure. I wouldn't expect that store with the stock it carries to generate a large profit to fund the lifestyle she portrays. I do know that she is a very successful caterer and has been for years and that is how she is known around vancouver and west Vancouver. It is not for her 'clothing' store.

So then she does carry pre-owned merchandise then? Unless it's a brand new knock off. I would rather be knows as a store that sells pre-loved high end goods (a la Decades in LA) mixed with other brands (new or whatever) vs a store that sells brand new knock offs.

H_addict said:
So then she does carry pre-owned merchandise then? Unless it's a brand new knock off. I would rather be knows as a store that sells pre-loved high end goods (a la Decades in LA) mixed with other brands (new or whatever) vs a store that sells brand new knock offs.

Ya I'm still confused by this. Hermes would never send her stock despite the fact that SHE considers herself royalty. Used beats fake any day. However her prices do not match either scenario. Hmmmm Jody hmmm

My thought is it was used or preloved. It was sitting on the orange box. So strange to me and it totally threw me off as I'd never seen a Birkin for sale outside of Hermes here in Vancouver.

Or a really good fake now that I watch the show more as I saw this back in 2009.

I also know that her clothing store has not been there for 25 years. It was her catering place before, i believe. I'll ask my family tonight about this as they will know.

kookai-lola said:
My thought is it was used or preloved. It was sitting on the orange box. So strange to me and it totally threw me off as I'd never seen a Birkin for sale outside of Hermes here in Vancouver.

Do you remember how much she was selling it for? I'm curious.

No I didn't look. My friend and I went in to look for something else as my friend has shopped there before and when she didn't find it, we left. At the time, I was thrown off by her larger than life personality.

But the Birkin stood out as odd to me at the time and it stayed with me.

I could see that!

$97K annually for that store just don't make sense for someone who claims to be a multi millionaire - how is she making all her money then?

Either the store is a fraud or her claiming to be a multi millionaire is a big fat lie!!
To be honest, anyone who lives in this area who bought their home 10-15 years ago has seen their home prices double. When you pay $680,000 for a home in The Properties (for example) in 2001 and you can put it on the market today for $1.4M.... this is how people have become wealthy. Banks love you, people end up being able to borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's all on paper mind you, but it is a way to live the high life by buying Ferraris, Birkins, and hosting lavish parties etc.