The Queen's Tea with The Queen

1. Buckingham Palace invite for Mirren

[​IMG] Friday February 9, 09:55 PM
    The Queen is planning to invite Dame Helen Mirren to tea at Buckingham Palace, it has been reported.

The star actress is being tipped to win an Oscar for her acclaimed portrayal of the monarch.
    The real Queen looks set to ask Dame Helen, the film's director, Stephen Frears, and screenwriter Peter Morgan to visit her at the Palace after the award ceremony next month, the Daily Mail said.
    The movie The Queen focuses on the difficult days following the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, in a car crash nearly 10 years ago.
    A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said: "A number of options are being considered." The film has a total of six Oscar nominations including best picture.

2. She deserves it, she was great in her portrayal.

3. That should be interesting! I'd love to see a picture of the two of them.

(I recently saw The Queen, and it was wonderful. She deserved that Oscar.)

4. I think the movie indirectly in a way was good P.R. for Queen Elizabeth II. It got to show her humanistic, more tender side. Given her role as the British sovereign she probably feels she does not have free reign to "just be" in public. It'll be interesting conversation between the two ladies for sure!

5. I watched the movie last night, it was ok, I thought it would be better that nevertheless Helen Mirren was really into the part.