The Purse Forum Story......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Would you believe there are over 40,000 members here?

As the Aussies would say.....'Crikey!'. :nuts:

I would love to know:
    how The Purse Forum got started
    what the owner had in mind at first for the forum
    how things have changed over time
    and what they have planned for the future.

Vlad? Answers anyone?
  2. I would love to know too. Vlad or Megs should write a if they have time :smile:

I'd like to know when it was created. Did they expect what became of it? Are they happy with it's current state and what they'd like to do with it in the future.

All I know is this place has made me very very happy. I feel at home here. I am a little poorer for being here...LOL but can't imagine life without it.
  3. Wonderful! This is the link below:

[​IMG] Re: History of The Purse Forum
    Well everyone... I am happy to share the background of tPF. tPF came a few months after The Purse Blog was born. The Purse Blog was born one day on a whim- Vlad asked me why I spend so much time looking at bags all day and told me with all the time I spent looking I could just write about them. It literally started like that. Vlad is a computer science engineer and has been in this field forever. Without his know-how I would have NEVER started a website. So that day the Purse Blog was born. That was about in March of 2005 (well really January/February but we really started posting around March).

Then that sumer, Vlad told me witht he growth of the site, a forum could be born and people would probably really want to talk about handbags. So in September of 2005, tPF was born. Vlad had worked with forums before and thought this could be a great forum for people who love this exact niche. First month or so was a bit slow, but the forum grew and everyday we watch it grow. It is doing amazing and we are completely astounded by what it has done. You all found us which makes it even more amazing!!

Telling that story didn't sound very exciting, but the entire journey has been!!!... any more questions!!!!?! :flowers:"
  4. I stumbled on that thread a while back and it was fascinating - such a success stiry!
  5. I don't even remember what life was like before tPF... I think I had a job :p
  6. I first stumbled upon TPF when I was looking to buy a bag (and of course at a good deal), and I had found a site called Bergacci (I'm sure you all remember!). The site seemed to good to be real, so I did a search on it just to see if there are any articles on that site. Long and behold, my searched returned a Bergacci thread from TPF. About 32 pages long! I read ALL the pages. It was extremely helpful. I was SO glad I found it, b/c everything I wanted to know was right on there. And of course I never purchased anything from that bogus website thanks to all the TPFers. So what's your story of how you found TPF?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.