The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger

1. The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger

Anyone here ever read this? If you did, what did you think?
  2. Ive never read it. Did you ? what did you think ?
  3. Sounds like she's feeding her plants lol. I regret to say I don't much care for her either... [​IMG]
  4. Wow, I just read the B&N page about this book and it sounds like it sets feminism back a good 1,000 years. I am amazed when I here my GFs ***** about their hubbies not lifting a finger around the house, etc--my DH does at least 50% of the housework and I wouldn't have it any other way! Any man that needs to be babied and catered to in order to be happy should've stayed at home with his mommie IMO.
  5. These types of books aren't my thing anyways, but wow judging by the reviews the advice seems so archaic.
  6. No, and not sure if I will. but in the natural cycle of things I guess it was going to come round to this again..... I think in the new millenium we can all agree to live whichever lifestyle suits us best - so if it makes her and HER husband happy

BTW is she married????????
  7. She is married and has been so for years, to the same man.

I have never read the book, and I am in no way a huge fan of hers, however she does have some very good points about keeping a relationship happy. Men want so few things (dinner, sex, etc...) and if we could take twenty minutes out of our days to do something nice for them, maybe we should.
  8. I never read or heard of this book but I will say the title of the thread made me chuckle.

If the review is anything remotely what the book is about, no thank you. I think man want more than a stepford wife.
  9. I just think she's a self-righteous homophobe.
  10. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Laura! I listen to her everyday. She is basically an advocate for morals.
    The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands is NOT anything close to babying your husband. Her main points are let your husband be a man, all he needs is sex and food and a soft place to fall. SHe also believes (which I believe also) that a man should be working taking care of his family and if you have kids- the mom should raise the kids. Not the daycare.
    THe book will change the way you look at marriage and your husband. It is simple and to the point. But I warn you, in the beginning you will think she is full of crap BUT after you complete it, you will understand that men/hubands are very simple creatures. It is us women that are NOT so simple!
    Try reading the book!!
  11. You don't need to read Dr. Laura's book to tell you that guys are simple! Just read Cosmo.
  12. I don't care for her, and she is not at all respected in the psych community (no, not because they are envious of her). Also, she was at USC when my friend's DH was there and she had a rep (which she has admitted) of sleeping around big time, especially with teachers..
  13. Monica thanks for your thoughts- very interesting.

everyone has different opinions!
  14. Wow. All the women on here write thousands of posts about purses and fashion and what not and only 1 person has read this book. Kind of surprising. I read it and thought more women need to read this book and perhaps that would make them (and their husbands) happy.