The Police Plan First Tour Since 1980's

1. Remember when there was speculation last night about whether or not The Police were back together? Well, this answers your question:

The Police plan first tour since 1980s

Updated Mon. Feb. 12 2007 4:34 PM ET
    Associated Press
    WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. -- The Police announced their first tour in decades Monday at a rehearsal at the Whisky a Go-Go as a throng of fans crowded near the legendary Sunset Strip nightclub.

The trio, which led off Sunday night's Grammy Awards with a live performance of its hit "Roxanne," broke up in 1984, and members Sting, Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland have since pursued solo careers.

The Police plan to play arenas, stadiums and some festivals in a North American tour beginning May 28 in Vancouver.

Some confirmed cities on the tour include New York, Boston, Seattle, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Dallas, New Orleans, St. Louis, Toronto and Montreal.

Tickets for the North American leg will range from $50 to $225. A portion of the tour's proceeds will go to WaterAid, an anti-poverty organization that seeks to provide poor people access to safe water.

2. Yay!

3. darnit... I missed the first part of the grammy's and their performance!

4. Last night performance was horrible. I felt like Sting was losing his voice.

5. I am so excited

6. Really? I just saw it on youtube and I thought that he sounded great. :shrugs:

7. Loved the performance but still felt they should have sang "Every breathe you take" instead...