The (Pochette) Metis Club

Hiya ladies,

I got my replacement PM today (My first one the small plastic bit on the S lock went missing so I couldn't close the bag up properly and the gold hardware was all scratched up where it rubbed against each other). I didn't check the bag properly while I was at the store as my little girl was hungry and desperate to get something to eat. When I came home I had a proper look and I noticed the canvas on the front left corner looks cracked. I'm not sure whether I'm being too paranoid. I did have a good look with a torch and a magnifying glass to make sure whether it is actually a crack rather than stitching. The right corner looks fine and nothing like the left one. What do you guys think? Should I go back and get another exchange? View attachment 3460928 View attachment 3460928 View attachment 3460932 View attachment 3460928 View attachment 3460932

That does not look good at all. I'd definitely return it. Sorry.

Just thought I'd say that I've had my Pochette Metis for a year, and have no problems with it. In a thread full of bags with issues, I think it's important to recognize that this isn't necessarily a doomed item, and that there are perfect ones out there!

This is such a great bag. I love it to bits.

2b2738e92898f3c927ca9237786e9e17.jpg

Is that the new model of PM? Cause i got the new model, hope that mine wont have issues too [emoji4] i only got mine for more than 1 month

Good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks that looks bad. Even my husband who normally doesn't notice small things agreed that the corner is cracked. I've emailed the pictures to LV Customer Service and will see what they say, but whatever it is I think the bag will have to go as the cracked canvas is quite exposed and I worry that it will only get worse with usage. Now I'm in two minds whether I should give PM another chance or just give up on it.

Good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks that looks bad. Even my husband who normally doesn't notice small things agreed that the corner is cracked. I've emailed the pictures to LV Customer Service and will see what they say, but whatever it is I think the bag will have to go as the cracked canvas is quite exposed and I worry that it will only get worse with usage. Now I'm in two minds whether I should give PM another chance or just give up on it.

It's a real shame... I loved mine but I needed to give up on it because I've heard so many people having issues. Good luck and I hope you get a positive result.

Reactions: manda331
Just thought I'd say that I've had my Pochette Metis for a year, and have no problems with it. In a thread full of bags with issues, I think it's important to recognize that this isn't necessarily a doomed item, and that there are perfect ones out there!

This is such a great bag. I love it to bits.

2b2738e92898f3c927ca9237786e9e17.jpg
You must be one of the lucky ones.... My SA told me it's just a matter of time.

Reactions: crazylvaddict
Here's a quick update!

Background info:
June 2016, Ordered a new Pochette Metis (new model) from USA website. Received Made in Italy with upside down LV's on inside flap.
July 2016, went to store they offered a replacement but it was unsatisfactory (scratches, crooked etc) decided to keep using original one.
Sept 2016, Glazing was peeling on the sides where the hardware rubs against flap even though there was a twilly between those two layers constantly. Emailed the store manager since she happened to be helping me on another matter, she reserved a new pochette metis for me. Picked her up and it's Made in USA with no issues so I accepted. Hopefully I'll be luckier this time.

Reactions: Brandlover2000
Here's a quick update!

Background info:
June 2016, Ordered a new Pochette Metis (new model) from USA website. Received Made in Italy with upside down LV's on inside flap.
July 2016, went to store they offered a replacement but it was unsatisfactory (scratches, crooked etc) decided to keep using original one.
Sept 2016, Glazing was peeling on the sides where the hardware rubs against flap even though there was a twilly between those two layers constantly. Emailed the store manager since she happened to be helping me on another matter, she reserved a new pochette metis for me. Picked her up and it's Made in USA with no issues so I accepted. Hopefully I'll be luckier this time.
I'm sorry to hear you weren't having the best luck with the pm. I hope your new one works out. [emoji4]

Here's a quick update!

Background info:
Im sorry you have gone through so much. I hope it works out as it is a nice bag. I keep my eyes on her carefully watching out for issues. We will see.