The Pill and Time Change

1. When the time changes are you supposed to keep taking your pill at the same time or move it ahead or "fall back" an hour? Thanks!

2. I take it at the same time every day regardless of a time change or not. One hour isn't going to make much of a difference.

3. Wow this is a great question! I don't think it makes a difference. It is just an hour. I usually take mine at 9pm but i always end up taking it at 10 sometimes 11 and everything is ok.

4. Thanks! I was wondering, and I've been on the pill for about 2 years and I just thought of it now! It doesn't really say anything in the instructions...

5. yeah, I asked my gyno about this a while ago and just take it at the same time. you have an hour window in to take it anyways (ie, I take mine between 7 & 8 every night), so it shouldn't matter.

6. ^Yikes!! Only an hour?! I need to get better about this!

7. I have a hard time believing there is only an hour window to take it.

8. i set my cell phone alarm to remind me to take it every night. i don't think it matters as long as you take it at generally the same time, but if i don't have a reminder, i forget entirely, and THAT definately matters. i wouldn't stress about an hour time change.

9. I was on the Pill for years and trust me as long as you take it at approximately the same time every day it doesn't matter. And by approximately I mean "in the morning" or "in the evening". Several hours either way won't affect its efficacy.

10. The hour change won't make a difference IMO :yes:

11. lol i do the same thing

12. I just take it at night before I go to sleep..its never a certain time. I've been on it for 4 years & nothing happened *knock on wood*

13. I always take mine before going to bed, its mostly at the same time, but not always. I don't think it matters a lot as you take it every day...just approximately the same time as madamefifi said :yes:

14. hahaha, an hour?! ya, i'm more like "sometime during the course of the day..."

15. I never take my pill at the same time.. my doctor says it's ok if its a few hours early or late