The Perfect Black Bag: Bottega Veneta Campana vs. Chanel Luxury Bowler

1. hi guys, recently i've been buying all brown bags and i do not own any decent black bags

i have been wanting the BV Campana in the smaller size for the longest time (like 1.5 years, haha) but just never could make up my mind since it is really pricey here in Asia. then i came across the Chanel Luxury Bowler (medium) and fell in love with it too. and now i can't decide...errr.

my friend's sister's friend is an SA at a BV boutique here and she would be willing to pass her employee discount to me if i wanted to go through with the Campana. it's 40% off, i am SUPER tempted.

i know i prob will never get such a good deal on another BV bag, but my heart is still wondering whether i should save up and get the Chanel. what would you do if you were me?

also, does anyone think the Camapan in black doesn't look good? cuz some of my friends have said so, and they prefer the brown one. but as i said, i have too many brown bags!

thanks a lot for your opinions!!

2. You're so lucky to get an opportunity like this! :nuts:

I think it depends on how much you want the BV and how long each bag will be available.

I'd definitely get the BV, but if you prefer Chanel, maybe you should keep the money and put it towards the bag of your dreams? There's no point in buying something you don't want as much, just because you can get a discount.

On the other hand, assuming they are going to continue to make the Chanel for a while (or indefinitely), maybe you should take advantage of the discount, while you can?

3. Superb analysis, chloehandbags.

You are the only one who knows which is your dream black bag. I'm a BV lover, but a black Chanel is really special. Let us know which you decide to get!

4. I'd get the Chanel. Probably the ultimate sophisticated black bag.

5. The BV and the Chanel are really different! That BV is fantastic, I think it looks wonderful in the Campana. It is still more casual than the Chanel, though, so I think it would depend which bag would fit in with your personality and lifestyle more.

6. I would get the BV - a classic chanel black back will be around forever so no rush. but a 40% discount - that is A lot.

a few years back my father wanted to buy my mum a BV bag - and believe or not but she passed - and of course they are much more expensive now, that she wants one! she had her reasons but i still think that she missed a good chance - my point: you will cry about this one in about a year's time or so... or in 2 years.. BV is an instant classic so can't go wrong there.

7. I would definately go for the BV. And I wish I could get a 40 % discount on one too!

8. snowtire - you mentioned that you've had your eye on the BV for 1.5 years. I'd say go for the BV and take the discount!! :yes:

9. thank you guys, i think i will get the BV!

you're all right. the BV has been my dream bag for the longest time, but i was just distracted (lol) by the glamorous Chanel. but yes, if the Chanel does turn into a classic, then i can probably buy it when i'm older and richer, hopefully, haha.

plus, i am more of a casual wear person, and after work i usually try to stay away from high heels and makeup, so i think the BV is more practical and would get more usage out of it.

so now the question remains - should i get the black or the brown?

official pic of the brown (ebano):
    BOTTEGA VENETA

unofficial pic of the brown with more views:
    ¡Ú³ÚÅ·»Ô¾ì¡Û¥¢¥É¥Þ¡¼¥ËÆòÁ¡ª£Â£Ï£Ô£Ô£Å£Ç£Á¡¡£Ö£Å£Î£Å£Ô£Á¥Ü¥Ã¥Æ¥¬¡¡¥ô¥§¥Í¥¿¥·¥ç¥ë¥À¡¼¥Ð¥Ã¥°125787-V0016-2072¡§¥Ö¥é¥ó¥É¥·¥ç¥Ã¥× ¥¢¡¦¥É¥Þ¡¼¥Ë

THE perfect black!?:
    ¡Ú³ÚÅ·»Ô¾ì¡ÛBOTTEGA VENETA ¥Ü¥Ã¥Æ¥¬¥ô¥§¥Í¥¿ 125787-V0016-8175 ¥·¥ç¥ë¥À¡¼¥Ð¥Ã¥°¡§£Ôians¥Æ¥£¥¢¥ó

help me pick one girls~ thank you!!! :heart:333 (hearts sideways, ha)

10. You said in your original post that you want a black bag; you have brown bags. I would get the black if you don't have a good black bag. Either one will be beautiful.

11. :nuts: You are so lucky that you're getting such a great discount -- I'm envious!

I think that you describing the black one as "THE perfect black" is an indication of which one you really want. Besides, if you've been wanting it for 1.5yrs -- that's no puppy love, that a true deep burning love! :yes:

12. I like Brown a little bit more. Go with your heart. =)

13. hehe thank you girls for all of your inputs. the reason why i keep wondering whether i should get the BV in black is because so many people have told me that they think that bag looks better in brown than in black...

but yes, i lack a good black bag (the only one i have is a very tiny hobo by Prada Sports from like...7 years ago) and i am sure the BV will grow a beautiful patina to it. ohhh i can't wait!!!! :smile: *drooling*

thank you again!!!!

14. Buy the bag!!!!! 40% discount is unheard of.....we all wish we could get that...I would buy it if I had to seel all my Gucci's and Fendi's..etc..(well some of them anyway..lol)

15. You should totally get the black BV! It's such a nice bag and you're getting an awesome deal on it. Plus, your collection is lacking when it comes to black bags. For sure get black...I don't think that you'll regret it.