The Oscar Preview's

1. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Entertainment Weekly offers the shocking reminder that nobody older than 39 has taken home the best actress statuette for a decade.

If the pattern holds, the Oscar will go to Penelope Cruz for 'Volver' or Kate Winslet for 'Little Children.' But that's unlikely. The smart money is on Helen Mirren.

Since all of the acting categories are sure things, place your bets on the Best Picture race.

Nominees: 'The Queen', 'Little Miss Sunshine', 'Letters from Iwo Jima', 'The Departed' and 'Babel.'

My money is on 'Letters from Iwo Jima.' The Academy just loves to praise that old fart Clint Eastwood.

[​IMG]

2. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. [​IMG]
    Best Actors: Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, Forest Whitaker, Peter O'Toole and Will Smith
    Best Actresses: Helen Mirren, Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet, Judi Dench and Penelope Cruz.
    Best Supporting Actors: Djimon Hounsou, Alan Arkin, Eddie Murphy, Mark Wahlberg and Jackie Earle Haley.
    Best Supporting Actresses: Jennifer Hudson, Adriana Barraza, Abigail Breslin, Rinko Kikuchi and Cate Blanchett.

5. I can't wait! I have that issue and it is already so beat up!