the one and only it bag

1. Hello! I am planning to buy a bag in the coming months - I have about $1000 to spend.. Since I rarely make such expensive purchases, and I see this as an investment really, could you recommend which bag I should buy? I would like a bag that is classic but with an edge, a bag that will never go out of style, a bag that I can carry for years and years.. Sugggestions? Thank you!!!!!!!!!! :p

2. Marc Jacobs Venetia in Black

3. ellouki, i think u should browse some sites for bags so u can have ur own decision, we can help u to pick, but u have to know what bag u like first, because u're the one who's going to use it :smile:

4. I don't think that you can guarantee that you a bag will be classic and that you will love it for years and years. You may want to look at a Balenciaga City in Black, a Marc Jacobs Blake or multi-pocket in black, or as a lower end option, a Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Mini in Black. Good luck!

5. I was going to suggest a MJ black leather multipocket hobo too. I think that bag is classic. Are you looking for a satchel type bag or a shoulder bag ?

6. I'd for the Marc Jacobs Blake!

7. Check out Belen Echandia.

8. Well, the LV monogram canvas of Damier Speedy comes to mind. As others have said too, some of the Marc Jacobs bags in black would be a good choice.

9. Personally, I would go for Belen Enchandia. I just bought a RM MAM and BE is next on my list! I think BE is just gorgeous and the syles are timeless.

10. I'd recommend Chanel, but their prices are way over $1000 sadly.

How about Louis Vuitton? They have great quality and a lot of timeless, elegant, classic pieces in your budget!

11. Browse around in the different forums here and check out all of the photos! That way you can start to see what style you want. I find the "visual aids" threads in the various forums very helpful--you can see how certain bags look on all types of people. Good Luck!

12. Louis Vuitton mono speedy NEVER goes out of style. It's a classic and has been around for years (Audrey Hepburn carried it) and will always be iconic. Also it goes with everything and can be dressed up or dressed down. Affordable too.

13. MJ anything!!! I love the Blake though.

14. Definitely Balenciaga. Great chic edge, smooshy leather, very lightweight and classic in a wonderful collection of styles, one that would suit your needs for sure!

15. oh gosh!! 1000 dollars...you should buy like everything...ahaha...i wished...i would buy a LV purse...i want one..