The Official "Returned Amarante" Thread!!

I love the color, but hate the fingerprints!! I changed my mind from a zippy to a pomme one, but still want to get something from the color. I am thinking a cles because I will have the keychain and not handle it as much, or the sunset ... or both :graucho:

Sorry to hear Amarante didn't work out for you. It is a gorgeous color, however, I feel the same about the fingerprints. As much as I love the color, I decided to pass on it just because of the annoying fingerprint issue. I'm loving Framboise though!!!!

Does this count as a return? I bought the Amarante Inclusion bracelet after looking at three of them at my regular store and chose the best bracelet (I thought!). Then, when I got home, I notice a white streak in the bracelet. So, I went to Rodeo Dr. and exchanged my bracelet for another one but they only had two to choose from... picked the better bracelet of the two, but it still had a little white streak and now the inclusions are closer to the top of the bracelet on one side than on the other side of the bracelet.

I also went to Beverly Ctr. to look at their inclusion bracelets but the sign in the case said that the Amarante stuff goes on sale July 1st! But, the SA recognised me from a previous purchase/visit asked her mgr. and they let me look at two bracelets to do an exchange, but it turned out that the bracelet from Rodeo was still better than Bev. Ctr.

So guess what I'm doing this weekend? Going to SCP to see if they have any Amarante bracelets there and if they look better I'll do another exchange! If they don't look better, then I'll just keep the Rodeo Dr. bracelet. What a pain! (But I still love the Amarante Inclusion bracelet!)

When comparing my pomme cles and my new sunset in perle.....fingerprints do show up more on darker colors. The only fingerprints I see on the sunset is on the little "Louis" plaque in front.

attachment.php
Oh man that kinda grosses me out! not sure I could live with that but man do I want the sunset!

I will be carrying my Roxbury Drive later this week for a few days and I will report back to everyone about fingerprints. I am having a hard time seeing them even after fingering the bag. I wonder if some of the vernis is finished nicer than on others (I know people were talking about different lots and quality issues). I am not noticing them very much at all.

Same here! I tried on the Reade PM in the store and ran my finger over the vernis to see what everyone was talking about and it didn't leave any mark! :shrugs:

I don't think there's a problem. If you carry the cloth in the purse/bag/wallet it's easy to wipe it off.

I havven't returned the boulevard in amarante, but I haven't really taken it out yet either. =P

i got a sunset blvd that I will return for a roxybury .. the fingerprint issue isnt really that bad @ all .. but I just pick it up from the store take pics and is back in the box again.. but I love the color.. so I am still struggling if I should get the wallet as well..